CC Cl StMonans

Old February 16th 07, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

Default CC Cl StMonans

Does anyone know the CC CL at St Monans in Fife, I'm just wondering
whether to go there later in the year and wondered if anyone could
tell me what it is like please.

Bill Lord

Old February 19th 07, 09:05 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John B Wilkinson

In message , bill lord
writes
Does anyone know the CC CL at St Monans in Fife, I'm just wondering
whether to go there later in the year and wondered if anyone could
tell me what it is like please.

It's on the edge of a cliff with spectacular views, with a small ruined
castle adjacent to the site. Part sloping, water and loo disposal
available, very narrow lane down to it - keep going to the bitter end.

On the Fife Coastal path, about 1 mile - 20 mins walk to the village
along the cliff path. To the east steps down to the beach on the coastal
path. We only stayed 1 night last year in our M/H, would have stayed
more if we were not just passing through. There were three/four other
vans on the site, some moved off whilst we were there having been there
for 2 weeks.

Ideal if you want to get away from it all. The Fife coast is magnificent
and relatively quiet. We lived up there 35 years ago when it was even
quieter. Perhaps you need a head for heights!

Highly recommended.

John

--
John B Wilkinson
Old February 19th 07, 11:08 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 10:05:57 +0000, John B Wilkinson
wrote:

In message , bill lord
writes
[...]

Thanks for that John, I shall book it in the next few days, it sounds
just what we want. Is there any shelter at the back of the site away
from the cliff or is it open so that you can see it from the road?
It's a long time since I was up there but I seem to rememebr a lot of
very open fields along there.

Bill Lord

Old February 19th 07, 11:46 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John B Wilkinson

In message , bill lord
writes
On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 10:05:57 +0000, John B Wilkinson
wrote:

In message , bill lord
writes
[...]

Well away from the road, the site rises slightly from the edge of the
cliff (which is about 30 - 50 ft high) and is well protected from the N
- NE. IIRC the hedge at the back of the site is quite high and the site
well screened from the road.

The road is approx 4-500 yards to the N of the site with a slight rise
in between - I cannot recall any road noise. BTW the cliff edge is very
well fenced but not a site I would take kids to. Could be a bit breezy
with a SW wind.

BTW t6h fish suppers at Anstruther are excellent!

John

--
John B Wilkinson
Old February 19th 07, 02:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 12:46:51 +0000, John B Wilkinson
wrote:

Well away from the road, the site rises slightly from the edge of the
cliff (which is about 30 - 50 ft high) and is well protected from the N
- NE. IIRC the hedge at the back of the site is quite high and the site
well screened from the road.

The road is approx 4-500 yards to the N of the site with a slight rise
in between - I cannot recall any road noise. BTW the cliff edge is very
well fenced but not a site I would take kids to. Could be a bit breezy
with a SW wind.

BTW t6h fish suppers at Anstruther are excellent!

Thanks John that just about sorts me out, it sounds perfect.

Bill Lord