broken window

Old February 17th 07, 03:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Scott

Default broken window

Some brainless person has broken my back Perspex window. My insurance,
Saga, tell me that because its not glass it is not covered by the 50 access
system but will have to pay for it myself. Any thoughts on this as all
Motorhomes/caravans now have double glazed Perspex windows
Thanks John

Old February 17th 07, 03:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 16:04:34 GMT, "John Scott" [email protected]
spam.com wrote:

Some brainless person has broken my back Perspex window. My insurance,
Saga, tell me that because its not glass it is not covered by the £50 access
system but will have to pay for it myself. Any thoughts on this as all
Motorhomes/caravans now have double glazed Perspex windows
Thanks John

Sounds like a good reason not to use Saga as your insurer, and that
from a saga customer, both my car and my house insurance are with
them. I would argue with them at length, if it were on a caravan
insurance policy they would have no choice but to replace it.

Bill Lord

Old February 17th 07, 04:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

spam.com wrote:

|!Some brainless person has broken my back Perspex window. My insurance,
|!Saga, tell me that because its not glass it is not covered by the ?50 access
|!system but will have to pay for it myself. Any thoughts on this as all
|!Motorhomes/caravans now have double glazed Perspex windows

Thanks for the warning, Saga is now off my list of possible insurers.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
20,000 free e-books at Project Gutenberg! http://www.gutenberg.org
Old February 17th 07, 07:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
The Simpsons

|!Some brainless person has broken my back Perspex window. My insurance,
|!Saga, tell me that because its not glass it is not covered by the ?50
access
|!system but will have to pay for it myself. Any thoughts on this as all
|!Motorhomes/caravans now have double glazed Perspex windows

Thanks for the warning, Saga is now off my list of possible insurers.

Saga is the company that at a boat show that was so keen to offer me
insurance for my boat, until they realised I stored the boat at the caravan
site where I have a seasonal pitch. It's stored in a secure compound along
with caravans worth twice the value of the boat, but no they couldn't
possibly cover that risk, they would however be happy for me to store the
boat at the boat yard where thefts are an almost everyday event. Anyway I
went elsewhere for the boat insurance. Saga still bombard with junk mail for
insurance including we will do a good deal if you have a boat!
I see red each time these letters arrive, even rung them to take me off
their mailing list, some chance!
Rubbish company.

Fred

Old February 17th 07, 11:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"The Simpsons" wrote in message

|!Some brainless person has broken my back Perspex window. My insurance,
|!Saga, tell me that because its not glass it is not covered by the ?50 access
|!system but will have to pay for it myself. Any thoughts on this as all
|!Motorhomes/caravans now have double glazed Perspex windows

Thanks for the warning, Saga is now off my list of possible insurers.

Saga is the company that at a boat show that was so keen to offer me insurance
for my boat, until they realised I stored the boat at the caravan site where I
have a seasonal pitch. It's stored in a secure compound along with caravans
worth twice the value of the boat, but no they couldn't possibly cover that
risk, they would however be happy for me to store the boat at the boat yard
where thefts are an almost everyday event. Anyway I went elsewhere for the boat
insurance. Saga still bombard with junk mail for insurance including we will do
a good deal if you have a boat!
I see red each time these letters arrive, even rung them to take me off their
mailing list, some chance!
Rubbish company.

Fred

Fred

I'm told that if you request it in writing then Saga ( recorded delivery of
course )

THEY MUST REMOVE YOU FROM THE DATABASE

If they don't then a complaint to the Data Protection ( or what ever they're
called nowadays ) will find them in DEEP , with a very big fine

I'm also told but I'm not sure this new stalking law / harassment can be brought
into play

Threaten them with legal action , it might work

I had problems with a double glazing firm , close to Liverpool , they said that as
my wife hade enquired , they were entitled to approach me with phone calls

They were requested to stop their marketing to me and my family any further
approaches would be referred to the data protection registrar

They stopped...............eventually

Good Luck

DieSea

Old February 18th 07, 09:32 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
me

"The Simpsons" wrote in message

|!Some brainless person has broken my back Perspex window. My insurance,
|!Saga, tell me that because its not glass it is not covered by the ?50
access
|!system but will have to pay for it myself. Any thoughts on this as all
|!Motorhomes/caravans now have double glazed Perspex windows

Thanks for the warning, Saga is now off my list of possible insurers.

Saga is the company that at a boat show that was so keen to offer me
insurance for my boat, until they realised I stored the boat at the
caravan site where I have a seasonal pitch. It's stored in a secure
compound along with caravans worth twice the value of the boat, but no
they couldn't possibly cover that risk, they would however be happy for me
to store the boat at the boat yard where thefts are an almost everyday
event. Anyway I went elsewhere for the boat insurance. Saga still bombard
with junk mail for insurance including we will do a good deal if you have
a boat!
I see red each time these letters arrive, even rung them to take me off
their mailing list, some chance!
Rubbish company.

Fred

Register with
http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/mpsr/
and reduce the amount of carp you receive.

Old February 18th 07, 02:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Vister.co.uk - Reality TV Video

"John Scott" [email protected] spam.com wrote in message

Some brainless person has broken my back Perspex window. My insurance,
Saga, tell me that because its not glass it is not covered by the 50

access
system but will have to pay for it myself. Any thoughts on this as all
Motorhomes/caravans now have double glazed Perspex windows
Thanks John

You may well be covered.
Vister for your top funny and extreme user videos
Main: www.vister.co.uk
Forums: http://www.vister.co.uk/forums/index.php

Old February 18th 07, 02:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Vister.co.uk - Reality TV Video

Register with
http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/mpsr/
and reduce the amount of carp you receive.

I did that a while ago. About 3 or 4 months later, the calls increased !!!
Coincidence ??

Old February 18th 07, 09:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
me

"Vister.co.uk - Reality TV Video" wrote in message
Register with
http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/mpsr/
and reduce the amount of carp you receive.

I did that a while ago. About 3 or 4 months later, the calls increased !!!
Coincidence ??

The link is for post. We are registered with telephone preference too, I
haven't had a single unsolicited call in several years.

Old February 19th 07, 10:25 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Campa-Man

I did that a while ago. About 3 or 4 months later, the calls increased
!!!
Coincidence ??

The link is for post. We are registered with telephone preference too, I
haven't had a single unsolicited call in several years.

Yep we registered to stop the fax junk we used to get at work each day, took
approx a month but it has stopped.