AL-ko Secure

Old February 18th 07, 11:20 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Carlos

Default AL-ko Secure

Can anyone help? I have just purchased an SAS Twin Axel Wheel Clamp, the
new design that uses the Al-ko receiving nuts on the new caravans, however
the receiving nuts are not level. I have checked other caravans and they
are also not level and are differently placed to mine. Is this something
that can be altered ie take off teh wheel, brake drum and turn slighty?

I can not find any news groups or help on the internet for this and if
competitors to Al-ko are bringing out their own designs I can see this being
more of a problem.

Please help?

Carl

Old February 19th 07, 08:04 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff Lane

"Carlos" wrote in
:

Can anyone help? I have just purchased an SAS Twin Axel Wheel Clamp,
the new design that uses the Al-ko receiving nuts on the new caravans,
however the receiving nuts are not level. I have checked other
caravans and they are also not level and are differently placed to
mine. Is this something that can be altered ie take off teh wheel,
brake drum and turn slighty?

I can not find any news groups or help on the internet for this and if
competitors to Al-ko are bringing out their own designs I can see this
being more of a problem.

We discussed the Al-Ko system and problems with their twin-axle chassis
some time ago. The problem is that it is inevitable that the front and rear
wheels travel very slightly different distances - because they take very
slightly different tracks through corners. Thus even if the both wheels
aligned with their respective receivers (receiving nuts) at one point in
time, they probably wouldn't the next time you tried to fit the clamps.

Al-Ko themselves say that you have to jack up at least one of the wheels to
fit their device to both wheels, and AFAICT, the same thing applies to the
SAS clamps.

I'm not sure whether this answers your question, but HTH,

--
Geoff