Trade in value

« - | - »

Old February 23rd 07, 07:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Neil

Default Trade in value

Can anyone help me out? I need to find out the trade in value of a
1994 Elddis Gulfstream GT. Is there anywhere on the web with the
details?

Thanks,

Neil

Old February 23rd 07, 07:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Neil" wrote in message
ups.com...
Can anyone help me out? I need to find out the trade in value of a
1994 Elddis Gulfstream GT. Is there anywhere on the web with the
details?

I would be surprised if there would be a book value for a 13 years old
caravan, just the same way as doubtfull that an older car would.
Haveing traded caravans in of that age in the past as I worked up over the
years to a new caravan.

I would think a dealer would allow a 1000, but the caravan you are thinking
of buying will have that 1000 in allready.
Eg if you went in with no P/x he would knock 1000 off.
In fact try going with no p/x you might do better, rember the dealer has to
move your caravan on, and he might prefere not to have it.

Old February 23rd 07, 08:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected] home

"Neil" wrote in message
ups.com...
Can anyone help me out? I need to find out the trade in value of a
1994 Elddis Gulfstream GT. Is there anywhere on the web with the
details?

Thanks,

Neil

There is a book value for vans of that age, but condition is far more
important than age when valuing a van of that age, if that makes sense.

Does your van have a service history?

Cheers

Old February 25th 07, 03:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Neil

On 23 Feb, 20:29, "[email protected] home" wrote:
"Neil" wrote in message

ups.com...

Can anyone help me out? *I need to find out the trade in value of a
1994 Elddis Gulfstream GT. *Is there anywhere on the web with the
details?

Thanks,

Neil

There is a book value for vans of that age, but condition is far more
important than age when valuing a van of that age, if that makes sense.

Does your van have a service history?

Cheers

�1800 was the offer against a new Bailey Ranger

Old February 25th 07, 03:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy

Neil said the following on 25/02/2007 15:43:
On 23 Feb, 20:29, "[email protected] home" wrote:
"Neil" wrote in message

ups.com...

Can anyone help me out? �I need to find out the trade in value of a
1994 Elddis Gulfstream GT. �Is there anywhere on the web with the
details?
Thanks,
Neil

There is a book value for vans of that age, but condition is far more
important than age when valuing a van of that age, if that makes sense.

Does your van have a service history?

Cheers

�1800 was the offer against a new Bailey Ranger

Got 4.2k for a very well worn 1998 Swift Meridian against a
new Archway Woodford last month. The offered trade in price
was not reduced when the exchange took place and the dealer
saw it for the first time.

Roy
Old February 25th 07, 07:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Neil

On 25 Feb, 15:59, Roy wrote:
Neil said the following on 25/02/2007 15:43:

On 23 Feb, 20:29, "[email protected] home" wrote:
"Neil" wrote in message

roups.com...

Can anyone help me out? ?I need to find out the trade in value of a
1994 Elddis Gulfstream GT. ?Is there anywhere on the web with the
details?
Thanks,
Neil
There is a book value for vans of that age, but condition is far more
important than age when valuing a van of that age, if that makes sense.

Does your van have a service history?

Cheers

?1800 was the offer against a new Bailey Ranger

Got 4.2k for a very well worn 1998 Swift Meridian against a
new Archway Woodford last month. The offered trade in price
was not reduced when the exchange took place and the dealer
saw it for the first time.

Roy- Hide quoted text -

Also got offered ?1800 against a new Adria Altea too....

Old February 25th 07, 07:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Neil" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 25 Feb, 15:59, Roy wrote:
Neil said the following on 25/02/2007 15:43:

On 23 Feb, 20:29, "[email protected] home" wrote:
"Neil" wrote in message

roups.com...

Can anyone help me out? ?I need to find out the trade in value of a
1994 Elddis Gulfstream GT. ?Is there anywhere on the web with the
details?
Thanks,
Neil
There is a book value for vans of that age, but condition is far more
important than age when valuing a van of that age, if that makes
sense.

Does your van have a service history?

Cheers

?1800 was the offer against a new Bailey Ranger

Got 4.2k for a very well worn 1998 Swift Meridian against a
new Archway Woodford last month. The offered trade in price
was not reduced when the exchange took place and the dealer
saw it for the first time.

Roy- Hide quoted text -

Also got offered ?1800 against a new Adria Altea too....

I think those of you who got 1800 did a little better than I suggested and
well done.
Do you know if you would have faired differently in what you paid if you had
not p/xed.

Old February 26th 07, 07:06 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy

David said the following on 25/02/2007 19:49:
"Neil" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 25 Feb, 15:59, Roy wrote:
Neil said the following on 25/02/2007 15:43:

On 23 Feb, 20:29, "[email protected] home" wrote:
"Neil" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Unlikely to have bettered it with a private sale due to the
large number available in that price/age range and although
dry and undamaged with everything working was very worn
looking - faded and sagging upholstery due to much use
peeling exterior graphics etc although all replaceable or
repairable would have put off prospective buyers.

Roy
Old February 26th 07, 10:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected] home

"David" wrote in message

"Neil" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 25 Feb, 15:59, Roy wrote:
Neil said the following on 25/02/2007 15:43:

On 23 Feb, 20:29, "[email protected] home" wrote:
"Neil" wrote in message

roups.com...

[...]

I would guess 1000 for the van and 800 discount against the new one.

Cheers

« - | - »