Volvo S60 D5 as a tow car

Old February 26th 07, 02:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
artleknock

Default Volvo S60 D5 as a tow car

I find that this car is quoted as a perfect match for my Bailey
Magenta, weights right and plenty of power. Fuel consumption varies
according to the expert questioned.
Does anyone here actualy tow with this car? and could you give me the
actual in use mpg figures for towing and solo?

Thanks
John.
Old February 26th 07, 07:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stewart

I have had the S60 2 litre turbo (145bhp) for 4 years and have towed all
over Europe with it. A great tow car, I think the best of the 8 large
Volvos that I have had.
Yours is more powerful so should do even better (if possible).
I get 31.5 mpg solo driving and I estimate between 24 and 25 mpg with the
caravan. I do notice a big increase in petrol consumption at higher speeds.
The difference between towing at 55 mph and 65 mph is significant and at 70
mph it really drinks petrol.
Cruise control can handle the towing at anything above 45 mph.