Battery checker

Old February 28th 07, 06:52 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
gui

Default Battery checker

On the back of a battery status checker i have it has one wire marked up as
"Return", any ideas where this goes.?

Thanks in advance

Old February 28th 07, 03:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 07:52:40 GMT, "gui" wrote:

On the back of a battery status checker i have it has one wire marked up as
"Return", any ideas where this goes.?

Thanks in advance

One would assume 'Ground'.

Lenny

Dark evenings - want better visability
Fit Osram Silver Star Headlamp Bulbs
50% Brighter beam, 20m Longer beam

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/motor-essentials
www.motoressentials.co.uk

Old February 28th 07, 11:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , gui
writes
On the back of a battery status checker i have it has one wire marked up as
"Return", any ideas where this goes.?

Thanks in advance

Back to where it came from?
--
hugh
Old March 1st 07, 06:04 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
gui

I dont know where it came from so dont know where to return..
I checked the back of the battery test switch again and the 4 connections
are as follows:

Van+
Switch return
Caravan+
DC VE

Van+ and Caravan+ are obvious.
So i am assuming DC VE is for the earth but am not sure about the Switch
return or where it goes..unless what you saying is it goes to where i took
my DC VE earth from.

Roger

Old March 2nd 07, 02:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , gui
writes
I dont know where it came from so dont know where to return..
I checked the back of the battery test switch again and the 4 connections
are as follows:

Van+
Switch return
Caravan+
DC VE

Van+ and Caravan+ are obvious.
So i am assuming DC VE is for the earth but am not sure about the Switch
return or where it goes..unless what you saying is it goes to where i took
my DC VE earth from.

Roger

I was being facetious I can't imagine why it would need 4 connections.
Is it a dual function meter such as water tank level?
A battery status checker is just a voltmeter wired in series with a
switch and connected across the battery supply probably through the
master on/off switch.
Do you have a handbook and is so does ti give any clues in the wiring
diagram?
--
hugh
Old March 2nd 07, 03:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , gui
writes
I dont know where it came from so dont know where to return..
I checked the back of the battery test switch again and the 4 connections
are as follows:

Van+
Switch return
Caravan+
DC VE

Van+ and Caravan+ are obvious.
So i am assuming DC VE is for the earth but am not sure about the Switch
return or where it goes..unless what you saying is it goes to where i took
my DC VE earth from.

Roger

Just another thought - is it an illuminating type switch? If so you
might need a return to earth.

However if you do connect it to earth I would put a little fuse in
circuit first just to be on the safe side - or check the terminal with a
voltmeter before connecting.
--
hugh
Old March 3rd 07, 03:51 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
gui

Thanks Hugh... I have had it working fine by leaving that wire disconnected
from anything, but it just that thought that maybe it should be connected to
something..
I dont have the manual for it , its one i aquired off an old LUNAR sunbeam.

Thanks for your help though..makes a bit more sense now.

"hugh" ] wrote in message
In message , gui
writes