Faulty Fuel?

Old February 28th 07, 06:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default Faulty Fuel?

It is being reported on BBC 24 that Tesco and Morrisons might be suppling
fuel that damages the Oxygen Senors in Car engine, the repair being at a
cost of hundreds of pounds.
Lots and lots of cars in England effected.

Is this senors in all engines, EG petrol and diesel?

Please reply to News Group

Old February 28th 07, 09:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Graham Wilson

"David" wrote in message

Is this senors in all engines, EG petrol and diesel?

Supposed to be Petrol only supposed to have had Ethanol added by Accident

From
Gray
The Madcaravanner from Chesterfield and Sharm El Sheikh
www.madcaravanner.co.uk
You don't have to be mad but it helps

Pictures at http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j115/Madcaravanner/

Old March 2nd 07, 12:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Liz Hall

early results from Trading Standards show silicon in the petrol, only petrol
affected, our diesel is OK, we filled up Tues
Liz

Old March 2nd 07, 04:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"David" wrote in message
It is being reported on BBC 24 that Tesco and Morrisons might be suppling fuel
that damages the Oxygen Senors in Car engine, the repair being at a cost of
hundreds of pounds.
Lots and lots of cars in England effected.

Is this senors in all engines, EG petrol and diesel?

Please reply to News Group

OW car ( Clio diesel ) has had problems with power recently

300.00 to fix

it wasn't contaminated fuel though

Just and accelerator pedal with no Bowden cable and 80 an hour plus vat for labour

DieSea

No one that I know has the fancy gizmo's to run checks except the main dealers

Old March 2nd 07, 06:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Graham Wilson

There's now a query about Diesel too

again from Supermarkets our died just after we swapped it and some others
around Chesterfield have too all with similar symptoms to the petrol cars

Old March 2nd 07, 07:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Cole

On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 19:33:21 -0000, "Graham Wilson"
wrote:

There's now a query about Diesel too

again from Supermarkets our died just after we swapped it and some others
around Chesterfield have too all with similar symptoms to the petrol cars

Well it won't be silicon as that's already in diesel fuel.

Richard
Web pages: http://www.caravanningnow.co.uk/ for caravanning,
http://www.rcole.org/ for my personal web site and
http://www.homeindorset.co.uk because I love the email address.
--
Top 20 Replies by Programmers When Their Programs Don't Work: 14. "There is
something funky in your data"
Old March 2nd 07, 10:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On F

OW car ( Clio diesel ) has had problems with power recently

300.00 to fix

it wasn't contaminated fuel though

Just and accelerator pedal with no Bowden cable and 80 an hour plus vat for labour

DieSea

Blimy I thought labour rates were dear in the south east at 50 an
hour.

Lenny

Dark evenings - want better visability
Fit Osram Silver Star Headlamp Bulbs
50% Brighter beam, 20m Longer beam

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/motor-essentials
www.motoressentials.co.uk
Old March 2nd 07, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"Lenny" wrote in message
On F

Blimy I thought labour rates were dear in the south east at 50 an
hour.

Lenny

Dark evenings - want better visability
Fit Osram Silver Star Headlamp Bulbs
50% Brighter beam, 20m Longer beam

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/motor-essentials
www.motoressentials.co.uk

Its surprising what main dealers can get away with

When only they have the Kit

Track one had gone down on the pedal ( its one of those fly by wire thingies )

60 quid and vat , 3 x 10 mill bolts and a plug

Minimum charge 1 hour

Where do you get the pedal

Main dealers

DieSea

Old March 2nd 07, 11:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 23:55:33 -0000, "DieSea"
wrote:

"Lenny" wrote in message
.. .
On F

Blimy I thought labour rates were dear in the south east at 50 an
hour.

Lenny

Dark evenings - want better visability
Fit Osram Silver Star Headlamp Bulbs
50% Brighter beam, 20m Longer beam

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/motor-essentials
www.motoressentials.co.uk

Its surprising what main dealers can get away with

When only they have the Kit

Track one had gone down on the pedal ( its one of those fly by wire thingies )

60 quid and vat , 3 x 10 mill bolts and a plug

Minimum charge 1 hour

Where do you get the pedal

Main dealers

DieSea

I used to do everything myself tend to take the view now once out of
warranty get rid.

Old March 4th 07, 08:39 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John

"David" wrote in message
It is being reported on BBC 24 that Tesco and Morrisons might be suppling fuel
that damages the Oxygen Senors in Car engine, the repair being at a cost of
hundreds of pounds.
Lots and lots of cars in England effected.

Is this senors in all engines, EG petrol and diesel?

Please reply to News Group

OW car ( Clio diesel ) has had problems with power recently

300.00 to fix

it wasn't contaminated fuel though

Just and accelerator pedal with no Bowden cable and 80 an hour plus vat for labour

DieSea

No one that I know has the fancy gizmo's to run checks except the main dealers- Hide quoted text -

The diagnostic gear is available to non-franchised garages. Ask around
at some local places before you have a problem again.
You can get a diagnostic fault code reader from Halfords. It does most
cars since about 2000 since most then standardised on the diagnostic
plug arrangement. It reads out the fault code by flashing a LED. You
count the flashes and look it up for your car. Buy the new bit and fit
it and you're away.

John