motor mover tyre

Old February 28th 07, 08:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
malcolm

Default motor mover tyre

does any one know if the tyres on the motor mover have an inner tube or are
they some how sealed on to the wheel, the problem i have got on one wheel
is that I can foot pump up the tyre but can hear it go down but cannot see a
puncture

any ideas please.

regards malcolm

Old March 1st 07, 10:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
johnh

"malcolm" wrote in message
does any one know if the tyres on the motor mover have an inner tube or

are
they some how sealed on to the wheel, the problem i have got on one

wheel
is that I can foot pump up the tyre but can hear it go down but cannot see

puncture

any ideas please.

regards malcolm

Go to someone who repairs lawnmowers, preferably the lawn tractor ride on
type. Flat tyres is a common problem with this type of equipment (some have
similar sized wheels as movers). Good dealers sell some gooey stuff to put
inside the tyre which seals any leak, even quite large holes.

Helfords sell a similar product in a spray type can, but I found its nowhere
as good as the thicker stuff used in lawnmowers

Old March 4th 07, 11:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Neil

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 21:16:47 -0000, "malcolm"
wrote:

does any one know if the tyres on the motor mover have an inner tube or are
they some how sealed on to the wheel, the problem i have got on one wheel
is that I can foot pump up the tyre but can hear it go down but cannot see a
puncture

any ideas please.

regards malcolm

Hi

Pneumatic tyred Big Foot motor movers do have an inner tube. I would
assume Mr Shifta movers would also, as their wheels and tyres are
similar.

Removal of the tyres and tubes is not difficult if the whole wheel is
removed first. Chances are you will find the leak a lot easier once
the tube is out and inflated until it expands to a size larger than
that which it is confine to inside the tyre. Alternatively buy a
spare tube to fit while you find patch the original and keep that as a
spare.

Have had to repair a few myself, on launching trolley wheels which are
the same.

HTH

Neil

Old December 1st 11, 01:01 AM
codfisherman codfisherman is offline
Junior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolm View Post
does any one know if the tyres on the motor mover have an inner tube or are
they some how sealed on to the wheel, the problem i have got on one wheel
is that I can foot pump up the tyre but can hear it go down but cannot see a
puncture

any ideas please.

regards malcolm
i recently went up towards buxton derbyshire ashboure is where the motor movers were made but sadly no longer but i have got a motor mover and valve leaks are very common thereis a company calledtyreline cedar house sopwith way daventry 01327701000 give these a try the three grub screws on the side of the mover comes out and you can access the tyre easily if i can be of any hmore help 2 u please phone me on 01216038305 anytime codfisherman(davefisher)