sat-nav

Old March 4th 07, 08:10 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
martin

Default sat-nav

Any body know where`s the best place to get sat-nav digital maps for
Medion gopal...apart from Medion of course.

Thanks in anticipation.

Martin.
Old March 4th 07, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Phil L

martin wrote:
Any body know where`s the best place to get sat-nav digital maps for
Medion gopal...apart from Medion of course.

Thanks in anticipation.

Martin.

If you have a binary news account, then the medion gopal europe DVD is in
alt.binaries.warez.pocketpc

196 files equalling 2.75 gigabytes.

Old March 4th 07, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
martin

Phil L wrote:
martin wrote:
Any body know where`s the best place to get sat-nav digital maps for
Medion gopal...apart from Medion of course.

Thanks in anticipation.

Martin.

If you have a binary news account, then the medion gopal europe DVD is in
alt.binaries.warez.pocketpc

196 files equalling 2.75 gigabytes.

Dont have a binary news account, any chance of a bit more info please.
Old March 4th 07, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Phil L

martin wrote:
Phil L wrote:
martin wrote:
Any body know where`s the best place to get sat-nav digital maps for
Medion gopal...apart from Medion of course.

Thanks in anticipation.

Martin.

If you have a binary news account, then the medion gopal europe DVD
is in alt.binaries.warez.pocketpc

196 files equalling 2.75 gigabytes.

Dont have a binary news account, any chance of a bit more info please.

Binary newsgroups are basically the same as these (text) newsgroups, except
each post has an attachment.
There are groups for music, films, dvd's, programmes, literally everything
that it's possible to download is there - the difference between getting
something from usenet and the same thing from P2P is that P2P requires
another person to firstly, have the item that you want, and secondly, to
stay online long enough for you to get it, with usenet you can download at
the maximum speed of your connection 24/7.

If you decide you want it, then you need a download manager like grabit
(free) or newsleecher (not free) grabit is my personal choice - this is your
window into newsgroups, IE like outlook express, except you can't download
multipart binaries with outlook express!
Secondly you'll need a news account, some ISP's offer binary news although
most don't, once you've signed up to a news account, you'll get a username
and password which you insert into grabit and connect to your news
server....I use Astraweb, they offer 90 gigs of downloads for about 12 and
there's no time limit on using it up, other news services are usually
monthly fees, starting at around 7 - 8 quid pm.

Large items are posted in several hundred smaller parts, usually numbered
thusly:

Medion gopal(1/196) 01rar
Medion gopal(2/196) 02rar
Medion gopal(3/196) 03rar
Medion gopal(4/196) 04rar
Medion gopal(5/196) 05rar

The numbers in the brackets tell you how many parts there should be, and
they are zipped into rar files, you need them all - simply open one of them
with winrar (free) and inside is your dvd / album / copy of Vista etc.

Old March 5th 07, 09:12 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
martin

Phil L wrote:
martin wrote:
Phil L wrote:
martin wrote:
[...]

Great ...thank you Phil.
Old March 6th 07, 08:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Long tall ugly

On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 20:34:26 GMT, "Phil L"
wrote:

Astraweb

Phil L

Whats the completion like..
I use Giganews and know if its complete.Any thing missing or
incomplete on Giganews is a bad post.

Is Astraweb as good?

Regards

John
Old March 6th 07, 11:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Phil L

wrote:

Astraweb

Phil L

Whats the completion like..
I use Giganews and know if its complete.Any thing missing or
incomplete on Giganews is a bad post.

Is Astraweb as good?

Completion is virtually garaunteed, although retention is only 21 days,
unlike Easy's three months.
Astra do several monthly plans as well as the PAYG, but I rarely DL much,
and I use Yabse.com to search for items, rather than update enormous groups,
with Yabse you can DL the NZB file which Grabit (or newsleecher) then opens
to DL all the posts even from unsubscribed groups.
Yabse also shows if posts are complete.

Astraweb also offer smaller packages than the 90gb one, I think the cheapest
one is 25Gb @ 5.16p ($10)....none have any time limits.

Old March 7th 07, 08:09 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Long tall ugly

On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 19:23:44 +0000, martin
wrote:

Thanks for that Phil

Sounds very tempting...
Giganews is very good ,I pay 7 for 25Gigs but of course that only
lasts a month.
I tend to DL in bursts as I need it so the Buy as you DL might be OK
for us./
Thanks for the info and time.

REGARDS

John