I just don't believe it!

Old March 4th 07, 11:58 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield

Default I just don't believe it!

My secondhand dealer bought caravan has been away back at the dealer
who sold it me, under going some major repairs for the past six months.
Which in itself is a long tale of the dealer trying to duck their
responsibilities in selling second hand vans. All does seem fine now,
but it has taken a major amount of effort on our part to get them to
sort it out properly.

While its been gone, I bought another tow car. With a 'new' car, of
course comes a new number plate and one is needed to be made up for the
rear of the caravan. I got one made up in readiness, shortly after I
got the 'new' car.

I collected the caravan yesterday and took the new number plate
with me, but forgot to take the bits needed to fix it on - so I just
blanked out my old registration and put the new one in the back window
of the caravan to get me home.

Getting to the point....

I got a few bits done today on the van and thought I had better sort
the number plate out properly. I tried the usual trick to get my old
number plate off of drawing a thin bit of wire through the sticky
sponge which held the made number plate on - off it came, to find yet
another number plate underneath it. Then another, then another, then
another - five of them one stuck on top of the other all with same
dealers name on them - an inch and a half thickness of number plate in
total. It was not obvious at all, because the place where they sit is
recessed back a way.

How those sticky pads managed to hold on the sheer weight of five
number
plates I'll just never know.

Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Old March 5th 07, 04:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
PACESETTER

Well Harry mine has got 3 on too. Those pads are just fine and dandy you
know.

--
Tim & Tina Pace
PACESETTER

Old March 5th 07, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield

PACESETTER formulated the question :
Well Harry mine has got 3 on too. Those pads are just fine and dandy you
know.

Which is why I see so many vehicles with stuck on number plates, with
the plates having fallen off. Increasing the weight and leverage five
fold multiplies their chance of falling off. It takes less than a
minute to remove an old stuck on plate, so why mess about and take the
risk?

Old March 6th 07, 12:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy

Harry Bloomfield said the following on 04/03/2007 12:58:
My secondhand dealer bought caravan has been away back at the dealer who
sold it me, under going some major repairs for the past six months.
Which in itself is a long tale of the dealer trying to duck their
responsibilities in selling second hand vans.

- off it came, to find yet another number
plate underneath it. Then another, then another, then another - five of
them one stuck on top of the other all with same dealers name on them -
an inch and a half thickness of number plate in total. It was not
obvious at all, because the place where they sit is recessed back a way.

Could it be that previous buyers didn't manage to get the
dealer to fix the van - just got their money back!

Roy
Old March 6th 07, 09:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield

Roy formulated the question :
Harry Bloomfield said the following on 04/03/2007 12:58:
My secondhand dealer bought caravan has been away back at the dealer who
sold it me, under going some major repairs for the past six months. Which
in itself is a long tale of the dealer trying to duck their
responsibilities in selling second hand vans.

- off it came, to find yet another number
plate underneath it. Then another, then another, then another - five of
them one stuck on top of the other all with same dealers name on them - an
inch and a half thickness of number plate in total. It was not obvious at
all, because the place where they sit is recessed back a way.

Could it be that previous buyers didn't manage to get the dealer to fix the
van - just got their money back!

Highly unlikely, the problems were not at all obvious.

Old March 6th 07, 11:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lee_D

Harry Bloomfield uttered summat
worrerz funny about:

Could it be that previous buyers didn't manage to get the dealer to
fix the van - just got their money back!

Highly unlikely, the problems were not at all obvious.

I reckon the dealer has been hiring it out for the last 6 months ;-)

Lee D