LED Bulb Replacement for halogen ceiling lamp

Old March 11th 07, 08:42 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ticker

Default LED Bulb Replacement for halogen ceiling lamp

Hi to all

I see a few Questions asked about Led lights But I would like to convert my
2 round Ceiling lamps which take 2 x 10watt halogen bulbs

to LED but has anyone tried this and if so how bright compared with the
original halogen bulbs also where to obtain the led bulbs

I have allready converted my downlight reading lamps to LED which ok but
slightly Blue cold light compared to bulbs but worth it to save on battery
power!!!

Thanks mike

Old March 11th 07, 10:45 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dougal

Ticker wrote:
Hi to all

I see a few Questions asked about Led lights But I would like to convert my
2 round Ceiling lamps which take 2 x 10watt halogen bulbs

to LED but has anyone tried this and if so how bright compared with the
original halogen bulbs also where to obtain the led bulbs

See if you can find anything he
http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/

Old March 11th 07, 11:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Neil

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 09:42:16 GMT, "Ticker"
wrote:

Hi to all

I see a few Questions asked about Led lights But I would like to convert my
2 round Ceiling lamps which take 2 x 10watt halogen bulbs

to LED but has anyone tried this and if so how bright compared with the
original halogen bulbs also where to obtain the led bulbs

I have allready converted my downlight reading lamps to LED which ok but
slightly Blue cold light compared to bulbs but worth it to save on battery
power!!!

Thanks mike

Yes, I have.

My Lunar Chateau has 2 x 20 watt halogen MR16 type lamps as the main
lighting - very power hungry! I replaced them with LED clusters of
the same configuration but only 1.5 watt consumption. Not nearly as
bright as the halogens, but easy to change over if I need the extra
light if on a hook-up e.g. at home on the drive.

I agree with the blueish and cold light but if energy conservation is
important - it usually is for us - then the LED clusters are very
economical.

HTH

Neil

Old March 13th 07, 07:09 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy R

"Ticker" wrote in message
.uk...

Hi to all

I see a few Questions asked about Led lights But I would like to convert
my 2 round Ceiling lamps which take 2 x 10watt halogen bulbs

to LED but has anyone tried this and if so how bright compared with the
original halogen bulbs also where to obtain the led bulbs

I have allready converted my downlight reading lamps to LED which ok but
slightly Blue cold light compared to bulbs but worth it to save on battery
power!!!

Take a butchers at these. Basically low energy lights like you get indoors,
but 12v.

Rgds

Andy R

Old March 13th 07, 09:50 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy R

"Andy R" wrote in message

"Ticker" wrote in message
.uk...

Hi to all

I see a few Questions asked about Led lights But I would like to convert
my 2 round Ceiling lamps which take 2 x 10watt halogen bulbs

to LED but has anyone tried this and if so how bright compared with the
original halogen bulbs also where to obtain the led bulbs

I have allready converted my downlight reading lamps to LED which ok but
slightly Blue cold light compared to bulbs but worth it to save on
battery power!!!

Take a butchers at these. Basically low energy lights like you get
indoors, but 12v.

Oops, forgot the link,
http://www.unlimited-power.co.uk/low...2v-dc-CFL.html

Andy R