France, here we come!

Old March 12th 07, 05:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Budgie

Default France, here we come!

France beckons for Easter, and we need an overnight stop around Chartres /
Orleans, not too far from the N154, on 31 March. Any suggestions?

--
Budgie
NB Reply to newsgroup. Email address will get you nowhere.

Old March 13th 07, 12:06 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Miller

"Budgie" wrote in message
France beckons for Easter, and we need an overnight stop around Chartres /
Orleans, not too far from the N154, on 31 March. Any suggestions?

--
Budgie
NB Reply to newsgroup. Email address will get you nowhere.

Buy a copy of the Caravan Club's Caravan Europe Volume 1 which not only
lists all likely sites in the area with recommendations from Club Members,
but should also tell you which sites will be open as you're travelling quite
early in the season.

John Miller

John Miller

Old March 13th 07, 05:56 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Budgie

"John Miller" wrote in message

"Budgie" wrote in message
France beckons for Easter, and we need an overnight stop around Chartres
/ Orleans, not too far from the N154, on 31 March. Any suggestions?

Buy a copy of the Caravan Club's Caravan Europe Volume 1 which not only
lists all likely sites in the area with recommendations from Club Members,
but should also tell you which sites will be open as you're travelling
quite early in the season.

I already have one, and regularly contribute, but was looking for any
suggestions. There are frequently good sites that are not in the CC book - I
added two new ones last year. Surprisingly, for a main route, there don't
seem to be many listed.

Old March 13th 07, 08:03 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Graham Wilson

"Budgie" wrote in message
France beckons for Easter, and we need an overnight stop around Chartres
/ Orleans, not too far from the N154, on 31 March. Any suggestions?

--
Budgie

Go to google Earth
click ADD
then Network link
then paste this into the box labelled link label it what you like in the top
box
http://users.pandora.be/leo.huybrech...pingcheque.kml
and hey presto 560 Campsites on pushpins

From
Gray
The Madcaravanner from Chesterfield and Sharm El Sheikh
www.madcaravanner.co.uk
You don't have to be mad but it helps

Pictures at http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j115/Madcaravanner/

Steph's race for life page
http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/Stephanie_Wilson

Old March 13th 07, 05:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Budgie

"Graham Wilson" wrote in message
Go to google Earth
click ADD
then Network link
then paste this into the box labelled link label it what you like in the
top box
http://users.pandora.be/leo.huybrech...pingcheque.kml
and hey presto 560 Campsites on pushpins

I think my PCs too old for that - not enough RAM etc.

If it's the Campingcheques sites, I've got those anyway, as it's cheaper to
buy a ferry crossing with the cheques than the ferry alone (from the CC).

A case in point is the site at Toury (p631 of the 2007 CC book). The opening
date is given as 1st April. In fact, I've confirmed with the Mairie that
it's the 15th April this year.

We've now more or less decided to stay at Maintenon anyway.

Thanks to all for listening!!

Old March 13th 07, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Graham Wilson

"Budgie" wrote in message
I think my PCs too old for that - not enough RAM etc.

If it's the Campingcheques sites, I've got those anyway,
--
Budgie
NB Reply to newsgroup. Email address will get you nowhere

Hi Budgie
Yes but it's positions them as an overlay on Google Earth which is good for
looking at the area around
Pity your comp can't handle the site as I find it useful

Oh BTW we booked the Tunnel direct and got it cheaper and a free caravan

Only 5 weeks to go to France

Old March 13th 07, 11:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Miller

"Budgie" wrote in message
France beckons for Easter, and we need an overnight stop around Chartres
/ Orleans, not too far from the N154, on 31 March. Any suggestions?

Buy a copy of the Caravan Club's Caravan Europe Volume 1 which not only
lists all likely sites in the area with recommendations from Club
Members, but should also tell you which sites will be open as you're
travelling quite early in the season.

I already have one, and regularly contribute, but was looking for any
suggestions. There are frequently good sites that are not in the CC book -
I added two new ones last year. Surprisingly, for a main route, there
don't seem to be many listed.

--
Budgie
NB Reply to newsgroup. Email address will get you nowhere.

Sorry! - I've previously looked for sites in this area as an overnight stop
and couldn't find much, but the CC does list some of which I have no
experience. I have used a really good site at Remy sur Avre near Dreux, but
it was a bit far North for your requirements.

John Miller