Berlin Campsites.

Old March 20th 07, 08:53 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,de.rec.reisen.camping
Dave D

Default Berlin Campsites.

During May and June this year we hope to be making our way across Germany
with our car and caravan as far east as Zittau on the Polish border and then
north to Berlin. There are several campsites listed around Berlin in our
guide books, and two or three look suitable, but I would like to know if
anybody has a particular recommendation. We are not youngsters and are
looking for a clean site with easy public transport to the centre of the
city.

Regards.
Dave.

Old March 20th 07, 11:01 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,de.rec.reisen.camping

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 09:53:25 GMT, "Dave D"
wrote:

|!During May and June this year we hope to be making our way across Germany
|!with our car and caravan as far east as Zittau on the Polish border and then
|!north to Berlin. There are several campsites listed around Berlin in our
|!guide books, and two or three look suitable, but I would like to know if
|!anybody has a particular recommendation. We are not youngsters and are
|!looking for a clean site with easy public transport to the centre of the
|!city.

We have camped in Germany, and found that just following the camping signs
from the main road worked fine.
--
Dave Fawthrop sf hyphenologist.co.uk 165 *Free* SF ebooks.
165 Sci Fi books on CDROM, from Project Gutenberg

Old March 20th 07, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,de.rec.reisen.camping
Bob Douglas

"Dave D" wrote in message
news
During May and June this year we hope to be making our way across Germany
with our car and caravan as far east as Zittau on the Polish border and
then north to Berlin. There are several campsites listed around Berlin
in our guide books, and two or three look suitable, but I would like to
know if anybody has a particular recommendation. We are not youngsters
and are looking for a clean site with easy public transport to the centre
of the city.

Regards.
Dave.

We visited Berlin some four years ago, and would strongly recommend it as
somewhere 'different'.

Most of the sites I saw listed indicated that they were not the easiest
either to get to, or to travel to the city centre from.

Eventually, after research we settled for a site in Potsdam -
http://www.campingpark-sanssouci-potsdam.com/

It was very convenient to get to without entering the city of Berlin, and
the Potsdam transport system is integrated with that for Berlin.

A short walk - (much shorter if you found the short-cut through the old
station!) or the free campsite shuttle to the tram terminus where you could
buy a very good value day ticket for the whole of the Berlin Transport
system. Two tram rides to Potsdam station, and train to Berlin, and then
tram and U-Bahn travel in Berlin all included in the cost.

We were there in August, and it was busy (and it had been very dry, so it
was dusty), but the facilities were good, the staff friendly, and we would
use it again.

HTH.

Old March 20th 07, 09:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,de.rec.reisen.camping
Dave D

"Bob Douglas" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks Bob. That is just the sort of recommendation I was looking for. I
will have a look at the site and maps later.
Regards.
Dave.