Muslim only sites

Old March 21st 07, 12:36 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Barry (Lurker)

Default Muslim only sites

There doesn't seem to be any.

Is it worth (i.e. would it be profitable) setting up a site for
Muslims only?

Just a thought.

Barry.
Old March 21st 07, 09:15 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roger Mills

Barry (Lurker) wrote:

There doesn't seem to be any.

Is it worth (i.e. would it be profitable) setting up a site for
Muslims only?

Just a thought.

Barry.

Not sure you'd be allowed to! Wouldn't you then be illegally discriminating
against non-Muslims?
--
Cheers,
Roger

Old March 21st 07, 12:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
PACESETTER

Sounds iffy to me, just as bad as setting up a Jew only site or Christian
only site. I am certain it would court controversy.

--
Tim & Tina Pace
PACESETTER

Old March 21st 07, 02:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected] home

"PACESETTER" wrote in message
.uk...
Sounds iffy to me, just as bad as setting up a Jew only site or Christian
only site. I am certain it would court controversy.

No, I'm sure in this barmy country it would be quite acceptable to open a
muslim only site, but you'd get into hell of a bother if you opened a
Christian only one.

Yours cynically

Old March 21st 07, 03:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave D

"[email protected] home" wrote in message

"PACESETTER" wrote in message
.uk...
Sounds iffy to me, just as bad as setting up a Jew only site or Christian
only site. I am certain it would court controversy.

No, I'm sure in this barmy country it would be quite acceptable to open a
muslim only site, but you'd get into hell of a bother if you opened a
Christian only one.

Yours cynically

If your cynicism leads you to believe that then you are the one that is
barmy. My country is fine.
Regards.
Dave.

Old March 21st 07, 08:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Barry (Lurker)

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 10:15:34 -0000, "Roger Mills"

Barry (Lurker) wrote:

There doesn't seem to be any.

Is it worth (i.e. would it be profitable) setting up a site for
Muslims only?

Just a thought.

Barry.

Not sure you'd be allowed to! Wouldn't you then be illegally discriminating
against non-Muslims?

No, it wouldn't be illegal. It's only illegal to discriminate on
grounds of race or colour, not religion.

So a Muslim only site would be perfectly legal.
Old March 21st 07, 09:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roger Mills

Barry (Lurker) wrote:

Not sure you'd be allowed to! Wouldn't you then be illegally
discriminating against non-Muslims?

No, it wouldn't be illegal. It's only illegal to discriminate on
grounds of race or colour, not religion.

So a Muslim only site would be perfectly legal.

Well, if it isn't illegal now, it probably soon will be - so your niche
market may not last long!

Do you have any statistics about the number of Muslim caravanners? The only
ones I've heard of have caravans made of camels! g
--
Cheers,
Roger

Old March 22nd 07, 06:11 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy

Roger Mills said the following on 21/03/2007 22:39:

Well, if it isn't illegal now, it probably soon will be - so your niche
market may not last long!

Do you have any statistics about the number of Muslim caravanners? The only
ones I've heard of have caravans made of camels! g

Ther's a lot of 'Back Packers',

Roy
Old March 24th 07, 02:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nebulous

"Roger Mills" wrote in message
Barry (Lurker) wrote:

Not sure you'd be allowed to! Wouldn't you then be illegally
discriminating against non-Muslims?

No, it wouldn't be illegal. It's only illegal to discriminate on
grounds of race or colour, not religion.

So a Muslim only site would be perfectly legal.

Well, if it isn't illegal now, it probably soon will be - so your niche
market may not last long!

Do you have any statistics about the number of Muslim caravanners? The
only ones I've heard of have caravans made of camels! g

This could be quite a serious point. I remember seeing a survey showing that
many people from ethnic minorities did not take day-trips. Many of them said
they were scared of something as straight-forward as a trip to the seaside
or for a picnic.

As many muslims would come from ethnic minorities you might have difficulty
getting trade. Then again they have to start somewhere. You could start a
tend if you give them somewhere they feel safer in.

Neb

Old March 24th 07, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bob

I believe there is a site already and waiting to be re-opened....it is
called Buchenwald......enjoy your stay.

sb