CC Hardstandings

Old March 21st 07, 04:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Capt T

Default CC Hardstandings

Just a thought....about to use an annex with my NR Pullman on a cc site with
hardstandings.and wondering best way for comfort to pad out the underside
from the gravel.Would probably pierce the base as well as its only pvc.
Would just another groundsheet do or anyone have a genius idea?
Tks

Old March 21st 07, 07:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
malcolm

It won,t pierce the type of ground sheet which is like mesh have ing used it
on all sorts of gravel grass concrete and tarmac. f or padding double it up
or use under normal pvc.

regards
malcolm

Old March 22nd 07, 08:36 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Campa-Man

"Capt T" wrote in message
Just a thought....about to use an annex with my NR Pullman on a cc site
with
hardstandings.and wondering best way for comfort to pad out the underside
from the gravel.Would probably pierce the base as well as its only pvc.
Would just another groundsheet do or anyone have a genius idea?
Tks

Always found the best stuff for hardstandings was the Eco Grass friendly
groundsheet as it is quite thick stuff, also flexible so wont get damaged by
the hardstanding gravel.

Old March 22nd 07, 08:57 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Alan Comish

In message , Campa-Man
writes

"Capt T" wrote in message
Just a thought....about to use an annex with my NR Pullman on a cc site
with
hardstandings.and wondering best way for comfort to pad out the underside
from the gravel.Would probably pierce the base as well as its only pvc.
Would just another groundsheet do or anyone have a genius idea?
Tks

Always found the best stuff for hardstandings was the Eco Grass friendly
groundsheet as it is quite thick stuff, also flexible so wont get damaged by
the hardstanding gravel.

Y'know I was just about to post exactly the same comment myself.
Seconded. ;-)

--
Alan
Old March 22nd 07, 09:09 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Capt T

Cheers all will get some this weekend .

Andy

"Alan Comish" wrote in message
In message , Campa-Man
writes

Old March 23rd 07, 10:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 10:09:20 -0000, "Capt T"
wrote:

Cheers all will get some this weekend .

Andy

You will also find that the bog standard plastic grounsheet has a
considerable effect and is not damaged by the hradstandings. I just
got back from Clumber where I was using my original brown plastic
groundsheet bought in 1992. When I take a lorge awning or am on grass
I take a groundsheet which is friendly to grass and made up of
rubberised threads woven into a very small mesh, greta when it's dry
but on the odd occasion that I had a river running through the awning
it was a nightmare.

Bill Lord