Spot On Magnetic Hitch Guide

Old March 24th 07, 07:01 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Keith Dunbar

Default Spot On Magnetic Hitch Guide

Having previously posted about rear view mirrors on the back of the towcar
that point down to show the towball, just to say I discovered an advert for
these tucked away in the CC magazine and bought them. They're brilliant!
They work perfectly!

http://www.spotoncar.co.uk/

Keith

Old March 24th 07, 07:15 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 07:01:21 GMT, "Keith Dunbar"
wrote:

|!Having previously posted about rear view mirrors on the back of the towcar
|!that point down to show the towball, just to say I discovered an advert for
|!these tucked away in the CC magazine and bought them. They're brilliant!
|!They work perfectly!
|!
|!http://www.spotoncar.co.uk/

I line the car up to the van by lining up, the center of my internal rear
view mirror, the housing of my rear windscreen wiper, and a plastic
inverted ^ under the middle front window of the van. If I change the car
I will add the appropriate bits of plastic tape in appropriate places for
the new car. The parking sensors give the distance from the hitch.

Checking if I can see *side* of the van with my wing mirrors also is a
useful guide.
--
Dave Fawthrop sf hyphenologist.co.uk 165 *Free* SF ebooks.
165 Sci Fi books on CDROM, from Project Gutenberg

Old March 24th 07, 11:45 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Moppett

Keith Dunbar wrote:
Having previously posted about rear view mirrors on the back of the towcar
that point down to show the towball, just to say I discovered an advert for
these tucked away in the CC magazine and bought them. They're brilliant!
They work perfectly!

http://www.spotoncar.co.uk/

Keith

Shame they are not slightly longer! I just went and measured against my
small (Suzuki) 4x4 and they would 'just' pop above the spare wheel.
Obviously designed by a car driver!

John
Old March 24th 07, 11:49 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
malcolm

I use the caravan mover on van now, Less clutch wear

Regards
Malcolm

Old March 24th 07, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Graham Wilson

"malcolm" wrote in message
news
I use the caravan mover on van now, Less clutch wear

I don't know

Take 2 Magnetic tool pickups of the Car boot =2
paint the handles a nice bright colour =from some left over paint SWMBO
insisted you pain the kitchen to make it brighter

don't waste 8 plus P&P

OR
use the motor mover it's what you bough tit for I know I did

From
Gray
The Madcaravanner from Chesterfield and Sharm El Sheikh
www.madcaravanner.co.uk
You don't have to be mad but it helps

Pictures at http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j115/Madcaravanner/

Steph's race for life page
http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/Stephanie_Wilson

Old March 24th 07, 02:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 11:49:42 -0000, "malcolm"
wrote:

I use the caravan mover on van now, Less clutch wear

Cost is a bit more then the £10 for these items though G.

Bill Lord

Old March 24th 07, 05:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
badger.badger

John Moppett wrote:
Keith Dunbar wrote:
Having previously posted about rear view mirrors on the back of the
towcar that point down to show the towball, just to say I discovered
an advert for these tucked away in the CC magazine and bought them.
They're brilliant! They work perfectly!

http://www.spotoncar.co.uk/

Keith

Shame they are not slightly longer! I just went and measured against my
small (Suzuki) 4x4 and they would 'just' pop above the spare wheel.
Obviously designed by a car driver!

John

Great idea, RS sell them, 423-6635, but too short for mine too.

Old March 25th 07, 10:07 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Aiden

wrote:

Having previously posted about rear view mirrors on the back of the towcar
that point down to show the towball, just to say I discovered an advert for
these tucked away in the CC magazine and bought them. They're brilliant!
They work perfectly!

http://www.spotoncar.co.uk/

Keith

Thanks for that - nice idea - but "HI" thinks we should try "Gray"s
solution first - so have sent her off to the "car boot" - time to read
the papers!