Site in Carlisle

Old March 25th 07, 10:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
RKirby

Default Site in Carlisle

Hi all,
Looking for a site near to Carlisle for our holiday in August to stay
for two nights to break up the trip to Scotland (as well as enjoy what
we can of Carlisle in 48 hours) Looking through the C&CC Big Sites
book 3 have come out in the lead:
Dalsotn Hall, Green Acres and Dandy Dinmot.
Does anybody have any experience of these or any other
recommendations? Cheap as you like, not too bothered about
facilities, toilet block and electric would be nice though.
Also, does anybody have any experience of stopping the night at
Motorway service stations? We are considering leaving lateish evening
and stopping at one just to sleep if the driving gets too much, I am
the only driver and we will be leaving from Gloucester.
Thanks in advance.

Old March 25th 07, 11:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On 25 Mar 2007 14:50:55 -0700, "RKirby"
wrote:

Hi all,
Looking for a site near to Carlisle for our holiday in August to stay
for two nights to break up the trip to Scotland (as well as enjoy what
we can of Carlisle in 48 hours) Looking through the C&CC Big Sites
book 3 have come out in the lead:
Dalsotn Hall, Green Acres and Dandy Dinmot.
Does anybody have any experience of these or any other
recommendations? Cheap as you like, not too bothered about
facilities, toilet block and electric would be nice though.
Also, does anybody have any experience of stopping the night at
Motorway service stations? We are considering leaving lateish evening
and stopping at one just to sleep if the driving gets too much, I am
the only driver and we will be leaving from Gloucester.
Thanks in advance.

The CC site at Englethwaite hall is a very pleasant place to stop,
Carlisle is very close, and the countryside around the site is very
pleasant and just 240 miles from Gloucester. It's a no facilities site
so no toilet block but all pitches have electrics, so even in the high
season the price does not get too high. We usually stop there if we
are going up to Scotland.
If you wanted to go a bit further the CCC site at Moffat is also OK,
it's right in the town next to a very large Woolen Mill, I've only
ever stopped overnight so can't comment on the area. Nice toilet
block, and some pitches have electrics. It gets quite full as it seems
to be a place that people use as an overnight stop.

Bill Lord