Suck it &see

Old March 26th 07, 09:04 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Baz

Default Suck it &see

Hi
About to do towing for the first time on a regular bases

Interested in the Suck and see towing mirrors and wondered if
anyone in the group uses them please.

Have read a review or two that state that the glass quality is poor
and gives a distorted view,any comments.

Also read one post on a forum and he thought they were excellent.

Practical caravan mag also said glass was poor,but would rather hear
from user's if poss.

Many thanks
Baz

Old March 26th 07, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ludwig Van Beethoven

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 10:04:41 +0100, "Baz"
wrote:

Hi
About to do towing for the first time on a regular bases

Interested in the Suck and see towing mirrors and wondered if
anyone in the group uses them please.

Have read a review or two that state that the glass quality is poor
and gives a distorted view,any comments.

Also read one post on a forum and he thought they were excellent.

Practical caravan mag also said glass was poor,but would rather hear
from user's if poss.

I've used them for about 2 years now and have no complaints
whatsoever. I think they are the best and easiest to use of the 3 or 4
different types I've tried. There have been threads in here before
where some people have expressed a preference for using a concave
mirror (drivers side) on each side of their car but I use the
recommended one convex and one concave. The glass is starting to
deteriorate around the edges on one of my mirrors but not enough to
impair the view and hopefully I'll get many more years of use out of
them. I would strongly recommend them to anyone.

....Ludwig
Old March 26th 07, 08:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Chris J Dixon

Ludwig Van Beethoven wrote:

I've used them for about 2 years now and have no complaints
whatsoever. I think they are the best and easiest to use of the 3 or 4
different types I've tried. There have been threads in here before
where some people have expressed a preference for using a concave
mirror (drivers side) on each side of their car but I use the
recommended one convex and one concave.

Are you sure you didn't mean _flat_ and convex? Concave would be
like a shaving mirror, and probably invert a distant image.

I haven't used this particular type, but always go for convex,
indeed would like my present ones to be even more so, especially
on the nearside..

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.
Old March 26th 07, 09:56 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ludwig Van Beethoven

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 20:01:49 GMT, Chris J Dixon
wrote:

Are you sure you didn't mean _flat_ and convex? Concave would be
like a shaving mirror, and probably invert a distant image.

I haven't used this particular type, but always go for convex,
indeed would like my present ones to be even more so, especially
on the nearside..

Sorry, you are right, it is flat and convex. Wasn't sure at the time
of writing but it seems obvious now

....Ludwig
Old March 27th 07, 01:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
jjnet

I have used one on the nearside only for a couple of years. The advantage of
being able to adjust the mirror using the electric remote on the original
mirror is very useful. The glass area is a little small but most of the
towing mirrors I have used over the last 25 years may have larger glass but
are useless due to vibration. The stick on mirror is rock steady. I have no
complaints at all and would recommend them. I have only used a flat glass
model.

Regards PC

Old March 27th 07, 10:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Baz

wrote:

Hi

About to do towing for the first time on a regular bases
Interested in the Suck and see towing mirrors and wondered if
anyone in the group uses them please.
I've used them for about 2 years now and have no complaints
whatsoever.

Ludwig

Hi Ludwig
Many thanks for the reply,just what I wanted to know and hear
before buying.

Was a little concerned that they may fall off and
dangle on safety cord now and again.

Thanks again
Baz

Old March 27th 07, 10:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Baz

"jjnet" wrote in message
I have used one on the nearside only for a couple of years. The advantage
of being able to adjust the mirror using the electric remote on the
original mirror is very useful. The glass area is a little small but most
of the towing mirrors I have used over the last 25 years may have larger
glass but are useless due to vibration. The stick on mirror is rock steady.
I have no complaints at all and would recommend them. I have only used a
flat glass model.

Regards PC

Hi PC
Many thanks for your input,glad to hear of rock steady image witt mirror.

Do have a mirror set that were given to me,but as you say vibrate a fair
bit ,hence interest in the stick on ones.
Best wishes
Baz

Old March 27th 07, 10:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Baz

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Hi Chris ,thanks for comments.