Kipping at a motorway service station.

Old March 31st 07, 12:01 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Alasdair

Default Kipping at a motorway service station.

What is the position about stopping at a motorway service station for
a few hours' kip in the caravan? Is one likely to be arrested or are
the fees horrendous?

Does anyone on here know the policies of different service station
operators?

--
Alasdair.
Old March 31st 07, 12:14 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Alan Comish

In message , Alasdair
writes
What is the position about stopping at a motorway service station for
a few hours' kip in the caravan? Is one likely to be arrested or are
the fees horrendous?

Does anyone on here know the policies of different service station
operators?

No problem just make sure you pay the fee if you're stopping longer than
the 2 hours. We live in the Isle of Man and frequently find the need
for a snooze break at the services, especially if we are heading home
from abroad and our connecting ferry back to the island is the next day
or something.

The biggest snag can be finding a space, HGVs tend to take over
everywhere at some services in the evenings/night times.
--
Alan
Old March 31st 07, 06:22 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 01:01:59 +0100, Alasdair wrote:

|!What is the position about stopping at a motorway service station for
|!a few hours' kip in the caravan?

The CC&C Big Sites Book has a list of places you can overnight in at the
back.

|!Is one likely to be arrested or are
|!the fees horrendous?

The fee for overnight stay is about GBP7. *read the notices* then pay the
fee as instructed.

|!Does anyone on here know the policies of different service station
|!operators?

Beware of being put in with the heavies, (noise, movement through the
night) some service areas have quite good caravan areas.

--
Dave Fawthrop sf hyphenologist.co.uk 165 *Free* SF ebooks.
165 Sci Fi books on CDROM, from Project Gutenberg

Old March 31st 07, 08:03 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Graham Wilson

In the UK they charge 8 for 24 hours at our local ones rather find a site
and get quiet than bring with all the to-ing and fro-ing of the truckers
From
Gray
The Madcaravanner from Chesterfield and Sharm El Sheikh
www.madcaravanner.co.uk
You don't have to be mad but it helps

Pictures at http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j115/Madcaravanner/

Steph's race for life page
http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/Stephanie_Wilson

Old March 31st 07, 10:12 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Alasdair" wrote in message
What is the position about stopping at a motorway service station for
a few hours' kip in the caravan? Is one likely to be arrested or are
the fees horrendous?

Does anyone on here know the policies of different service station
operators?

On many it is hard to find where the caravan section is.
Signs seem to have gone, or badly signed.
One useually ends up between large trucks.

Please reply to News Group.

Old March 31st 07, 11:03 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
BILL

"David" wrote in message
news

"Alasdair" wrote in message
What is the position about stopping at a motorway service station for
a few hours' kip in the caravan? Is one likely to be arrested or are
the fees horrendous?

Does anyone on here know the policies of different service station
operators?

On many it is hard to find where the caravan section is.
Signs seem to have gone, or badly signed.
One useually ends up between large trucks.

Please reply to News Group.

Yes and with there refridgeration motors going all night
Bill.1

Old March 31st 07, 07:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
petetop

"Alasdair" wrote in message
What is the position about stopping at a motorway service station for
a few hours' kip in the caravan? Is one likely to be arrested or are
the fees horrendous?

Does anyone on here know the policies of different service station
operators?

--
Alasdair.

Hi
My daughter is manager at a moto service station and the answer is Yes you
can sleep in a caravan overnight, they charge 12 a night and this includes
a shower if you want and all facilities.
As far as she ia aware welcome are about the same as well.
Regards
Pete

Old April 2nd 07, 01:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
PACESETTER

We have used many, if its a weekend you will struggle if youi stop after 9pm
and the noise is terrible I would recomend pulling off the motorway an using
a site for the night if possible.

--
Tim & Tina Pace
PACESETTER

Old April 2nd 07, 02:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Liz Hall

You pay an overnight fee and there is a car park attendant watching, but
would you get any sleep, with all the comings and goings I would only use
them in an emergency, better find a nice little CL, but you need to plan in
advance.
Liz

Old April 4th 07, 11:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

On 2 Apr, 14:29, "PACESETTER" wrote:
We have used many, if its a weekend you will struggle if youi stop after 9pm
and the noise is terrible I would recomend pulling off the motorway an using
a site for the night if possible.

--
Tim & Tina Pace
PACESETTER
Helping Ordinary people
to build extra ordinary liveswww.pacesetter.org.uk
TEL: 078057 15950 24hs

The noise does not bother me - I just take my hearing aids out ! One
of the benefits of being hard of hearing............