Hobby 560 Excellent Easy

Old April 1st 07, 06:31 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy Aveyard

Default Hobby 560 Excellent Easy

Hi guys,
I've just purchased an Hobby caravan and found out that there is quite a few
things either missing or broken.
There is no table to make up the double bed, no spare wheel, several
spotlight bulbs are missing and magnetic door catches also. Maybe someone
could let me know where I might pick these bits up?

Also I would appreciate any advice on what else to check on this caravan and
how to set up and operate the toilet, waste water, fresh water, cooker etc.
Sorry but I am very new to all this.

Kind Regards,
Andy

Old April 1st 07, 07:53 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Doc

On Apr 1, 7:31 am, "Andy Aveyard" wrote:
Hi guys,
I've just purchased an Hobby caravan and found out that there is quite a few
things either missing or broken.
There is no table to make up the double bed, no spare wheel, several
spotlight bulbs are missing and magnetic door catches also. Maybe someone
could let me know where I might pick these bits up?

Also I would appreciate any advice on what else to check on this caravan and
how to set up and operate the toilet, waste water, fresh water, cooker etc.
Sorry but I am very new to all this.

Kind Regards,
Andy

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Hi Andy, what year is it?

Spare wheel is not standard.
My Hobby has no magnetic catches on cupboards other than additional
ones I've fitted; they use sprung closure hinges on all roof
cupboards.
Spares can be obtained from Ambergate Caravan Centre, the main Hobby
UK Agent, but also from more local Hobby dealers if you happen to live
in the North of England or Scotland.
Getting another Hobby table will not be cheap!

There is no caravan battery as standard, the 12V for toilet, water
pump etc. being derived through a transformer from the mains. There
may be a 12V battery and charger fitted as an option.

The one thing you should have checked prior to purchase (sorry) is
whether you can legally tow such a caravan. The 560 is 2.5m wide and
requires a tow vehicle of GVW 3.5tonnes, basically a commercial
vehicle.

Also there is no VAT on such 'wide' caravans which is why they can
seem a 'good price'!!

For pictures and circuit diagrams on my Hobby go here [url=http://home-
and-garden.webshots.com/album/67010113HgzPle][IMG]http://
thumb12.webshots.net/s/thumb3/1/3/66/67010366iNdRVT_th.jpg[/IMG][/
URL] Hope the link works; not been on this forum for yonks. Otherwise
try http://community.webshots.com/user/docl and go to the caravanning
album.