Berwick-upon-Tweed

Old September 26th 03, 03:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
BM

Default Berwick-upon-Tweed

Hi,
Just back from above CC site...usual nice clean CC site, but, NO
MENTION in the site book of the Main Railway line that runs along the rear
of the site (about 50yds away) the noise at night is...well not good...also,
the site is called "Seaview" But you are on a Hillside looking down onto
the roofs of the houses below...beyond those are the derelict remains of an
old Factory or something...then the docks to your left...THEN THE SEA...
If you are interested in Military Aircraft, you will see and HEAR
plenty...the noise from what i think are Tornado`s is frightening..they fly
night and day overhead at low level...tho mostly during the day...every hour
or so...less often at night...maybe only 3 or 4 times at night...tho not
after ten i think.
I would go back but not for a while...and if you want peace and quiet then
do not even consider this site...the trains annoyed me most, all through the
night i was woken bye them.
I think the CC should describe there sites better coz this was definatly a
cover up, a few people had travelled quit a bit to get there and were
dissapointed by the noise levels from the trains.
If you do go, try and make sure you have alternative place to go to if the
noise gets too much..

BM.

Old September 26th 03, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Michael Haselhof

we stayed at this site a year ago, and had no problem with train noise
really, and we were just on the other side of the wall, yes i agree that the
area on the sea front could be tidied up allot, and by now i thought they
would have done something about that, it looked bad when we were there, but
now...?
I didn't really notice an excess or aircraft noise, it was there but i like
aircraft and had the binoculars out allot, it was harriers i saw.
i had a smaller car then and i didn't like the ramps on Billendean Drive
much!

Old September 26th 03, 06:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jerry

We have used Berwick a lot as a stopping over point when going North and
actually quite like it. Thats the beauty of sites really, some love em and
some hate em.

Old September 26th 03, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stewart

We live nearby (in Fife) and have to say that it is unusual for the military
to engage in night flying; on this occasion notice was given that there
would be low flying night exercises but that it would not happen after 2200
hours. Low flying happens every day.

Old October 8th 03, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hotspur

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 16:30:39 +0100, "BM"
wrote:

[...]

whilst you are correct in your statement I feel perhaps you are
missing a point or two re. this site.I live in Berwick and if you want
to stay there and relax then some things you state are
valid.If,however,you use it as a base for visiting the most unspoiled
county in the country then it seems a small price to pay.Holy
Island,Alnwick,Bamburgh and Chillingham castle are not to be missed as
the glorious walk along the Tweed.This is the reason to visit
Berwick,I would not live anywhere else and although planes do practice
it is reduced to four days a week[published in the paper] farmers and
locals accept it as we would not like to lose an aircraft due to lack
of training,besides it is the same in the Lakes and the Dales.
The derelict site you notice is earmarked as a living museum for
Berwicks tremendous history,problem is the council cannot come to an
agreement re. price with the landowner who has kept it as a means of
increasing capital.It has now been settled and will proceed.
Golf is cheap,beaches are unspoiled and the country side is wonderful
to walk in,we have lots of visitors from USA and the rest of the world
to visit Flodden and our castles.I would ask you to think again about
returning,you are right about the railway line but you can see the sea
and harbour.The dock is so small it can only take one small ship so it
hardly counts.Apart from the trains Berwick is a great place as a
base.You are all welcome any questions I'll be happy to help.
Old October 29th 03, 09:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
MJG

wrote:

[...]

SNIP

Call me a sad anorak but I was delighted when we arrived at Berwick this
August and noticed the proximity to the East Coast mainline
brilliant.....BTW the GNER 225's and Virgin Voyagers made a lot less noise
than the kids from the camper vans and trailer tents on the pitches nearest
to ours.

And as for Tornado jets I was well hacked off to read this......I saw not
one when we where there.

or so...less often at night...maybe only 3 or 4 times at night...tho

not
after ten i think.

SNIP

Call me a sad anorak but I was delighted when we arrived at Berwick this
August and noticed the proximity to the East Coast mainline
brilliant.....BTW the GNER 225's and Virgin Voyagers made a lot less noise
than the kids from the camper vans and trailer tents on the pitches

nearest
to ours.

And as for Tornado jets I was well hacked off to read this......I saw not
one when we where there.

One thing which stands out in Berwick is the number of people with huge
breasts! (maybe someting they put in the water, hmmm), everywhere you look,
can hardly walk down the street without having your eye put out - old ones,
young ones, fat ones , thin ones - they're everywhere! I have noticed
however that the girls all seem to wear them on their chests, the guys from
Berwick however, wear theirs on their heads. Berwick - give it back to the
Scots!

Old October 31st 03, 02:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Anne Jackson

The message
from "Terry Allan" contains these words:

Berwick - give it back to the Scots!

What makes you think we'd want it?

--
AnneJ
ICQ #:- 119531282

or so...less often at night...maybe only 3 or 4 times at night...tho

not
[...]

As stated i live in Berwick,apart from walking the Tweed and Cheviot
hills I play golf on a championship course cheap,I sail around the
Farne Islands with my small 24 footer,I visit Holy Island once every
two weeks and the surrounding area and at the bottom of my large
garden is a castle wall where soldiers walked seven hundred years ago.
I visit Kielder and the Border countryside on a regular walking tour
so I know Northumberland is the best county in Britain.
If all you think about is big breasts then you are the kind of weirdo
who should stay away.Further more next time you visit close by send me
a place to see you or e-mail, I'd be delighted for you to try and
insult me to my face but you won't,your sort never do and as for the
Scots not wanting it,you never could keep it after Flodden and Edward
chucking ten thousand Scots in the river enough to keep the river
running red for two days!Happy days!Stick to trainspotting with your
raincoat we don't want idiots here.I've killfiled any replies,sexual
fantasies from a weirdo are not wanted or fit for my computer.

or so...less often at night...maybe only 3 or 4 times at night...tho

not
[...]

Oh dear, a bit full of yourself there - never mind. Bet you wish you lived
in a nice place though! Berwick - full of englishman who speak with a sort
of scottish accent - oh, and I was right about the blokes wearing their
breasts on their heads - tithead!