Absorption regas

Old April 1st 07, 08:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Rich

Default Absorption regas

Some advice please, I have an Electrolux RC1600EGP portable fridge which I
have had for some years now, only gets used 2 or 3 times a year. I have just
got it out for this year and found that its not getting cold, the heating
chamber gets hot and that's it, is it common for these absorption fridges to
leak, or is there another possible fault ? Oh yes, know about turning it
upside down for a day or so and then trying it this still gives no results.

Richard

Old April 2nd 07, 03:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
johnh

"Rich" wrote in message
Some advice please, I have an Electrolux RC1600EGP portable fridge which I
have had for some years now, only gets used 2 or 3 times a year. I have

just
got it out for this year and found that its not getting cold, the heating
chamber gets hot and that's it, is it common for these absorption fridges

leak, or is there another possible fault ? Oh yes, know about turning it
upside down for a day or so and then trying it this still gives no

results.

Richard

Turn it upside down for a minimum of 24 hours (better still, go for a ride
with it up side down), then upright and try again. robably okay.

The mixture inside tends to settle and cause it not to work, hence the above

Old April 2nd 07, 04:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 16:36:23 +0100, "johnh" wrote:

|!
|!"Rich" wrote in message
|! Some advice please, I have an Electrolux RC1600EGP portable fridge which I
|! have had for some years now, only gets used 2 or 3 times a year. I have
|!just
|! got it out for this year and found that its not getting cold, the heating
|! chamber gets hot and that's it, is it common for these absorption fridges
|! leak, or is there another possible fault ? Oh yes, know about turning it
|! upside down for a day or so and then trying it this still gives no
|!results.
|!
|! Richard
|!
|!
|!
|!Turn it upside down for a minimum of 24 hours (better still, go for a ride
|!with it up side down), then upright and try again. robably okay.

Then leave it right way up for a day.

--
Dave Fawthrop sf hyphenologist.co.uk 165 *Free* SF ebooks.
165 Sci Fi books on CDROM, from Project Gutenberg

Old April 3rd 07, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Rich

"Rich" wrote in message
Some advice please, I have an Electrolux RC1600EGP portable fridge which I
have had for some years now, only gets used 2 or 3 times a year. I have
just got it out for this year and found that its not getting cold, the
heating chamber gets hot and that's it, is it common for these absorption
fridges to leak, or is there another possible fault ? Oh yes, know about
turning it upside down for a day or so and then trying it this still gives
no results.

Richard

Turning upside down and leaving for a day or so then turning up the right
way and leaving for a day, I have now tried it for about 3 hrs and although
the heating chamber gets hot, there is no cooling effect in the fridge
:-( I have taken the back off and there is a large cylinder on its side
with a pipe coming out of the top of this cylinder, this is in the middle of
all the pipe work, at this joint there appears to be some yellow ish brown
ish powdery stuff would this indicate a leak at this point ? Does not look
to be a very good weld could this be a manufacturing fault ?

Richard