Caravan Insurance

Old April 2nd 07, 02:42 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Alasdair

Default Caravan Insurance

Having retired, I'm new to caravanning and have just bought a second
hand Eriba Puck and am in the market for the cheapest and best
insurance cover. I notice that the big motor and home insurers like
Norwich Union, More Than and Churchill/Direct Line don't offer caravan
cover and I'm wondering where is the best place to look.

Any advice from the experienced cognoscenti in this group would be
very much appreciated.

--
Alasdair.

Old April 2nd 07, 11:00 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 03:42:21 +0100, Alasdair
wrote:

Having retired, I'm new to caravanning and have just bought a second
hand Eriba Puck and am in the market for the cheapest and best
insurance cover. I notice that the big motor and home insurers like
Norwich Union, More Than and Churchill/Direct Line don't offer caravan
cover and I'm wondering where is the best place to look.

Any advice from the experienced cognoscenti in this group would be
very much appreciated.

I think many people on here would recommend the CC or the CCC for
insurance it's no hassle and relatively competitive. A lot of others
have had good things to say about NFU mutual.

Bill Lord

Old April 2nd 07, 02:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Liz Hall

I think you would find the caravan club insurance very good and helpful if
you have claim. We had a particularly difficult insurance claim after we
were burgled and the caravan club insurance Devitt were most helpful and
efficient and settled the claim almost instantly. In fact, I have never
experienced with level of service from any other insurance company, the
bigger they are the worst they seem.
Liz

Old April 2nd 07, 03:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Alasdair

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 15:02:42 +0100, "Liz Hall"
wrote:

I think you would find the caravan club insurance very good and helpful if
you have claim. We had a particularly difficult insurance claim after we
were burgled and the caravan club insurance Devitt were most helpful and
efficient and settled the claim almost instantly. In fact, I have never
experienced with level of service from any other insurance company, the
bigger they are the worst they seem.
Liz

They seem to do it through AXA rather than Devitt.

--
Alasdair.
Old April 2nd 07, 07:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Long tall ugly

wrote:

Having retired, I'm new to caravanning and have just bought a second
hand Eriba Puck and am in the market for the cheapest and best
insurance cover. I notice that the big motor and home insurers like
Norwich Union, More Than and Churchill/Direct Line don't offer caravan
cover and I'm wondering where is the best place to look.

Any advice from the experienced cognoscenti in this group would be
very much appreciated.

I recomend NFU every time...settled my claim very quickley and they
even discovered it was a hard to come by van, they consulted a few
dealers and upped the offer without me pushing..I now insure
everything with them...even give me a protected premium when I agreed
to stay with them for 5 years (premium has not risen) and I get a NCB
on all my different covers as well.

regards

John

Old April 2nd 07, 09:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Alasdair

On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 20:34:13 +0100, Long tall ugly
wrote:

I recomend NFU every time...settled my claim very quickley and they
even discovered it was a hard to come by van, they consulted a few
dealers and upped the offer without me pushing..I now insure
everything with them...even give me a protected premium when I agreed
to stay with them for 5 years (premium has not risen) and I get a NCB
on all my different covers as well.

regards

John

I spoke to them on the phone this evening but was told they only
wanted rural village dwellers. As I live in Nottingham City, they're
not really interested.

--
Alasdair.
Old April 5th 07, 05:51 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Postie

wrote:

I recomend NFU every time...settled my claim very quickley and they
even discovered it was a hard to come by van, they consulted a few
dealers and upped the offer without me pushing..I now insure
everything with them...even give me a protected premium when I agreed
to stay with them for 5 years (premium has not risen) and I get a NCB
on all my different covers as well.

regards

John

I spoke to them on the phone this evening but was told they only
wanted rural village dwellers. As I live in Nottingham City, they're
not really interested.

--
Alasdair.

Have you come across this company
http://www.parkhomeinsurance.com/tou...insurance.aspx

Regards

Postie
I raise money for charity just by searching the web!

www.everyclick.com is an internet search engine with a big difference - it
donates half its revenues to charity, please support them too!

Old April 18th 07, 10:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
alan.ashford

"Alasdair" wrote in message
Having retired, I'm new to caravanning and have just bought a second
hand Eriba Puck and am in the market for the cheapest and best
insurance cover. I notice that the big motor and home insurers like
Norwich Union, More Than and Churchill/Direct Line don't offer caravan
cover and I'm wondering where is the best place to look.

Any advice from the experienced cognoscenti in this group would be
very much appreciated.

--
Alasdair.

Best to join the Caravan Club their insurance is one of the best if not the
the cheapest

Alan