awnings

Old April 4th 07, 03:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Liz Hall

Default awnings

We are looking to buy another awning for our caravan, basically the larger
one is too large and the porch awning is too small. We are looking for an
in inbetween awning and one which comes out further than the average awning.
We have seen one on a site which I thought was a Dorema which was perfect
for us. Could anyone tell us how to measure for what we want, the van is
500 length, does it also depend on where the door of the van is situated and
are there different heights?
Liz

Old April 4th 07, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
flybywire

Hi Liz

There is only one awning measurement and that is the length of the front to
back channel from the front lower edge around the top and down to the back
edge

what is your van as manufacturer websites normally give the measurement for
awnings . The length of a van doesn't mean the awning size would always be
the same

cheers

Mike

Old April 4th 07, 10:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Liz Hall

I was asking as someone told me when they bought a new van their old awning
was not tall enough to fit the new van so I wondered, as I couldn't see any
heights on the sites I looked on.
I couldn't see anything on the Swift website, they always seem to refer you
to a list of dealers when you ask them any questions.
Liz

Old April 5th 07, 04:41 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Doug Weller

On Wed, 4 Apr 2007 23:48:28 +0100, in uk.rec.caravanning, Liz Hall wrote:

I now notice NR state 7 or 8 foot height so they must vary
Liz

If you have your manual it should have the info you need. It's a length,
in mine it is in millimetres. We have a small 2 berthwhich is something
like 7358 (not the length of the van), or 735 cm. The NR site says 'ground
to ground',
http://home.btconnect.com/nrawnings/executive.htm
no mention of height there.
--
Doug Weller --
A Director and Moderator of The Hall of Ma'at http://www.hallofmaat.com

Old April 5th 07, 10:42 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Wed, 4 Apr 2007 16:39:55 +0100, "Liz Hall"
wrote:

We are looking to buy another awning for our caravan, basically the larger
one is too large and the porch awning is too small. We are looking for an
in inbetween awning and one which comes out further than the average awning.
We have seen one on a site which I thought was a Dorema which was perfect
for us. Could anyone tell us how to measure for what we want, the van is
500 length, does it also depend on where the door of the van is situated and
are there different heights?
Liz

If you want an awning that will go from one point to another, you need
to measure the A distance from one point to another. So for instance
if you want an awning to go from 5 feet behind the door to 5 feet in
front of the door start at the ground 5feet behind the door, measure
up to the awning rail, then along to the awning rail till it is 5 feet
in front of the door and then down to the ground. You can then buy an
awning of that size. You would have to cut the awning tape that goes
into the rail at the exact hieight of the caravan from at the rear and
at the front and in addition to the normal poles you would also need
two more poles to form the back and front rear section and these
poles would need a rubber cover for them. Ask at an awning seller and
they will sort you out with exactly what you need. Just tell them that
you want to use an awning as a porch.
If the Dorema is perfect for you and it is already a porch the only
consideration is the height of the van, porches are sold to fit
particular heights, again a dealer is the best place to ask.

Bill Lord

Old April 5th 07, 10:47 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Wed, 4 Apr 2007 23:32:52 +0100, "Liz Hall"
wrote:

I was asking as someone told me when they bought a new van their old awning
was not tall enough to fit the new van so I wondered, as I couldn't see any
heights on the sites I looked on.
I couldn't see anything on the Swift website, they always seem to refer you
to a list of dealers when you ask them any questions.

Just go out to the van and keasure the height from the ground to the
awning rail, then ask the dealer to find you one that fits.
Bill Lord

Old April 5th 07, 11:41 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Liz Hall

here's the heights from the NR site
CONISTON LUXE PRICE LIST 2007
HEIGHT