sunncamp ultima 390 awning

Old April 6th 07, 09:18 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
pete

Default sunncamp ultima 390 awning

Could anyone in the group give me the pro`s and con`s of the sunncamp
ultima 390 awning please. I`m thinking of buying one. Pete

Old April 11th 07, 02:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John East

pete wrote:
Could anyone in the group give me the pro`s and con`s of the sunncamp
ultima 390 awning please. I`m thinking of buying one. Pete

We have just bought the 260 and are generally happy with it. Not quite
as fast as we had hoped to erect but good for a weekend only. The only
real problem is that it is quite difficult to obtain a good seal with
the edge of the van. The idea is to peg the corner well underneath the
van itself but that does not work too well. If you are the type who
likes to see ripple free taught walls then you may be disappointed but
we dont worry too much about that as long as it is reasonably straight.

It stood up to fairly strong winds over Easter.

We bought from a supplier who has plenty on ebay (buy it now) and
delivery was fast. They were also quite cheap at 129 for the 260. The
390 was about another 20 I think.
Old April 14th 07, 03:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
pete

On Apr 11, 3:37 pm, John East wrote:
pete wrote:
Could anyone in the group give me the pro`s and con`s of the sunncamp
ultima 390 awning please. I`m thinking of buying one. Pete

We have just bought the 260 and are generally happy with it. Not quite
as fast as we had hoped to erect but good for a weekend only. The only
real problem is that it is quite difficult to obtain a good seal with
the edge of the van. The idea is to peg the corner well underneath the
van itself but that does not work too well. If you are the type who
likes to see ripple free taught walls then you may be disappointed but
we dont worry too much about that as long as it is reasonably straight.

It stood up to fairly strong winds over Easter.

We bought from a supplier who has plenty on ebay (buy it now) and
delivery was fast. They were also quite cheap at 129 for the 260. The
390 was about another 20 I think.

Thanks for the info. I think I`ll try one of these awnings and if it
is`nt what I want well its not going to break the bank .Pete