Faulty Fridge Causes Fire

Old April 10th 07, 01:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Vister.co.uk - Reality TV Video

Default Faulty Fridge Causes Fire

All,

Caravan and mobile home owners should ensure their gas appliances are
regularly serviced after a gas-cooled fridge sparked a camper van fire at
Baiter Park in Poole.
Two crews of firefighters from Poole were scrambled to the Baiter Park slip
road at Catalina Drive at 3.30 pm on Sunday.

A cordon was placed around the vehicle amid safety concerns while the
full-time and retained crews fought the blaze using breathing gear. The fire
was brought under control in less than an hour.

A Dorset Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: "We were on the scene in
just four minutes but the fire took hold very quickly and the camper van was
virtually destroyed. We believe it was accidental and caused by a faulty
gas-cooled fridge."

Vister for your top funny and extreme user videos
Main: www.vister.co.uk
Forums: http://www.vister.co.uk/forums/index.php

Old April 10th 07, 02:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 12:27:48 GMT, "Vister.co.uk - Reality TV Video"
wrote:

|!A Dorset Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: "We were on the scene in
|!just four minutes but the fire took hold very quickly and the camper van was
|!virtually destroyed. We believe it was accidental and caused by a faulty
|!gas-cooled fridge."

There are risks everywhere, in case of fire in a caravan, get the hell out
*quickly*.

Ensure that you are on a site which enforces the 20ft/6m/5m rule for
spacing between units, the reason for that rule is to prevent the spread of
fire between neighbouring units.
--
Dave Fawthrop sf hyphenologist.co.uk 165 *Free* SF ebooks.
165 Sci Fi books on CDROM, from Project Gutenberg