Easter caravanning experiences?

Old April 10th 07, 04:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dribbler

Default Easter caravanning experiences?

Did you all have a good Easter? I was one of the silly ones who didn't book
anywhere in time, but I'd love to hear about your caravan/site experiences
over this glorious long weekend.
Come on, make me jealous.....

Kay (first ever trip away next weekend to Hoddesdon site, I cannot wait!)

|__ If I were a rat....
( o )\_ I'd be cured by now!

Old April 10th 07, 06:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Pleavin

Hey Dribbler, back in February we booked a 5 night stay at a C&CC 5 van site
in Beverley, Yorkshire for Easter and even then we got the last two pitches.
The Minster was only a 5 minute walk and Dirty Nellies Pub only just over 10
minutes away. The Minster was fantastic, the beer and food in Nellies cheap
and tasty and the weather was...a bit disappointing. Well, it was the north
east (ish) and the wind was a bit thin to say the least but the area made up
for it. Only other down sides was that the site owner has sold part of the
site to a fence making outfit who even worked on Good Friday morning with
the chain saw. What else? Oh yes, the Chemical waste disposal blocked up and
when we phoned the site owner who was a 3 hour drive away he wasn't too
helpful. As 'luck' had it we lifted a nearby manhole and got an 18 inch
geyser of indescribable stuff jetting into the air. Sure cured the blockage
which saved the guy a 6 hour round trip. But, as they say, it is the joys of
caravanning and, all in all it was great!

Old April 10th 07, 08:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 17:48:28 +0100, "Dribbler"
wrote:

|!Did you all have a good Easter? I was one of the silly ones who didn't book
|!anywhere in time, but I'd love to hear about your caravan/site experiences
|!over this glorious long weekend.
|!Come on, make me jealous.....
|!
|!Kay (first ever trip away next weekend to Hoddesdon site, I cannot wait!)

Easter means *SNOW* to me so we stayed at home.
Thoroughly ****ed off 'cause we got it wrong :-(
--
Dave Fawthrop sf hyphenologist.co.uk 165 *Free* SF ebooks.
165 Sci Fi books on CDROM, from Project Gutenberg

Old April 11th 07, 06:50 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dogpoop

Dribbler of typed:
Did you all have a good Easter? I was one of the silly ones who didn't
book anywhere in time, but I'd love to hear about your caravan/site
experiences over this glorious long weekend.
Come on, make me jealous.....

Rutland c&c site
http://www.rutnet.co.uk/customers/caravanandcamping/

Had a great time. Saw the Ospreys on Rutland Water, went off-roading in the
Landrover, and mountain biking all over. Glorious weather, got sunburnt
Friday afternoon when I fell asleep in the sun.

--
Ar.Sole
Who gives a ****?

Old April 11th 07, 09:35 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Campa-Man

"Dribbler" wrote in message
Did you all have a good Easter? I was one of the silly ones who didn't
book anywhere in time, but I'd love to hear about your caravan/site
experiences over this glorious long weekend.
Come on, make me jealous.....

Kay (first ever trip away next weekend to Hoddesdon site, I cannot wait!)

|__ If I were a rat....
( o )\_ I'd be cured by now!

Hollands Wood, New Forest... Flipping lovely weather, 6-8 mile walks with
the dogs, BBQ and beer when we returned to the van, only slight downside was
that we booked via the online booking system, which does not include the
extras that they charge when you arrive, in our case it was 1 each per
night for each dog, other families where complaining that it was costing
them around 30 more than expected due to charges for children, dogs and the
extra pitch fee that the online system does not yet handle.

Been going to this site for many, many years and must say for being full, it
wasn't as cramped as it has been in the past maybe the C&CC now running it
has taken note and making sure that it is within its allowed limit of not
just pitches but the actual number of people.

Old April 14th 07, 08:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Alan Dowdeswell

"Dribbler" wrote in message
Did you all have a good Easter? I was one of the silly ones who didn't
book anywhere in time, but I'd love to hear about your caravan/site
experiences over this glorious long weekend.
Come on, make me jealous.....

Kay (first ever trip away next weekend to Hoddesdon site, I cannot wait!)

|__ If I were a rat....
( o )\_ I'd be cured by now!

We had a great Easter....

http://www.btinternet.com/~alan.p.do...Drum_Manor.htm

Old April 16th 07, 05:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoffrey Leese

Had a great weekend at Cartmel racecourse in the Lakes on a Camping Club THS
a great 10 days.

Geoff Leese
"Alan Dowdeswell" wrote in
message ...