My Motor Mover sets nieghbours house alarm off.

Old April 11th 07, 08:47 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default My Motor Mover sets nieghbours house alarm off.

As subject really.
My mover is a Reich with remote control, and I wonder if anyone ealse as had
a problem with house alarms which are of the wireless type.
This house has just had this alarm fitted, do you think they will be able to
make it so it does not go off when I move my caravan in and out?
Is it my problem or thiers?

Please reply to News Group

Old April 11th 07, 09:25 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve

"David" wrote in message
As subject really.
My mover is a Reich with remote control, and I wonder if anyone ealse as
had
a problem with house alarms which are of the wireless type.
This house has just had this alarm fitted, do you think they will be able
make it so it does not go off when I move my caravan in and out?
Is it my problem or thiers?

Their problem for been pikeys and not buying a proper alarm!!

Seriously, these wireless alarms (maybe just the early ones) were known to
be set off by anything that was wireless in the area. That included radio's
(police, taxi etc)

Old April 11th 07, 10:05 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dogpoop

David of typed:
As subject really.
My mover is a Reich with remote control, and I wonder if anyone ealse as
had a problem with house alarms which are of the wireless type.
This house has just had this alarm fitted, do you think they will be able
to make it so it does not go off when I move my caravan in and out?
Is it my problem or thiers?

Theirs, really, but you could possibly help them.

Todays wireless systems (in simple terms) allocate themselves a channel, of
which there are something like 78, and then 'lock' that channel to their own
use. Anything else shouldn't interfere with this at all. (It's now widely
used in Radio Control racing). Some have dip switches whereby channels are
'hard-wired' for their use but again should still lock-out other appliances
within range from using that channel.

Admittedly there are a limited number of channels available and Wifi, R/C
and many other new wireless appliances are all fighting for channel
allocation, but nonetheless they are of very limited range and shouldn't
have the power, even when next to one another, to interfere with other
appliances.

There may be a channel change switch on your unit which might help alleviate
the problem. If there is try changing the unit receiver (and remote).and
see if it helps. If it still sets their alarm off then it's their pikey
crap wireless system that's at fault.

--
Ar.Sole
Who gives a ****?

Old April 12th 07, 03:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield

David was thinking very hard :
As subject really.
My mover is a Reich with remote control, and I wonder if anyone ealse as had
a problem with house alarms which are of the wireless type.
This house has just had this alarm fitted, do you think they will be able to
make it so it does not go off when I move my caravan in and out?
Is it my problem or thiers?

It is their equipment suffering the problem, therefor strictly speaking
it is their problem to get it sorted out.

Having said that, you might be able to help them resolve it.

It seems very unlikely, but it might be that they are both using the
same channel and data format - with your mover signalling to the alarm
that a sensor has been triggered.

It might also be that the alarm is loosing communication with a sensor
and being triggered by that - try suggesting one of you change
channels.

Finally and probably the most likely, is that it is a very cheap model
of alarm such that any local RF signal can trigger it. There is not
much that you or they can do about that other than call the installer
back to resolve the problem.

Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Old April 14th 07, 02:04 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Neil

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 08:47:05 GMT, "David"
wrote:

As subject really.
My mover is a Reich with remote control, and I wonder if anyone ealse as had
a problem with house alarms which are of the wireless type.
This house has just had this alarm fitted, do you think they will be able to
make it so it does not go off when I move my caravan in and out?
Is it my problem or thiers?

Hi,

My own home alarm system has a "feature" whereby it detects possible
attempts at jamming the operation of the wireless sensors with another
signal. This would result in an indication on the control panel after
the event, but if the alarm was active at the time, it would cause the
siren to sound.

All darned annoying to our neighbours when we were away, as it did not
give an actual alarm condition, but just activated the siren hence we
were unaware(the alarm dials us on our mobile in the event of a true
alarm trigger). From that time on, I have left the "Radio jamming
detection feature" disabled. No more false alarms!

It may be something of this nature affecting your neighbours alarm.

Neil

Old April 21st 07, 10:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Alasdair

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 09:25:20 GMT, "Steve" wrote:

Their problem for been pikeys and not buying a proper alarm!!

Seriously, these wireless alarms (maybe just the early ones) were known to
be set off by anything that was wireless in the area. That included radio's
(police, taxi etc)

Most electronic equipment emits Radio Frequency (RF) signals over a
short range and this can cause interference. I don't know what the
legal position is; you'd have to talk to Ofcom. For an amicable
settlement to the problem, ask your neighbours to contact their alarm
installer and get the alarm put on to a different frequency which
doesn't clash with your motor mover. Alternatively, see if your motor
mover's frequency can be changed. There may be something about this
in the instruction manual.

--
Alasdair.
Old April 22nd 07, 07:34 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Alasdair" wrote in message
On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 09:25:20 GMT, "Steve"

Most electronic equipment emits Radio Frequency (RF) signals over a
short range and this can cause interference. I don't know what the
legal position is; you'd have to talk to Ofcom. For an amicable
settlement to the problem, ask your neighbours to contact their alarm
installer and get the alarm put on to a different frequency which
doesn't clash with your motor mover. Alternatively, see if your motor
mover's frequency can be changed. There may be something about this
in the instruction manual.

Thanks to all who responded.

Have spoken to the supplier/installer of my homes equipment he tells me
these DIY wireless systems are not to be recomended for this very reason of
being interfered with.

They themselves do hard wired ones to good approved specifcations with no
cost cutting by skimping on equipment, such as missing out the rechargeable
battery (s). No 99 installations done by them.

He told me they have 2 wireless installations on appraisal but to meet
police requirements and interference they are class 6, what ever that means.

I've talked to my neighbour and he is to remove this feature from his unit
that detects my mover signal.

Please reply to News Group