heater price

Old September 29th 03, 02:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
CampinGazz

Default heater price

i'm having trouble finding out a price.. even a rough one for a heateri want
to put in my motorhome i'm building,

Anyone know how much a truma 3002 heater costs?
or any similar ones, basicaly i want a wall mounted convection heater, with
the option of adding the blown air fans, must have electronic ignition so it
can be thermostaticaly controlled,

Seems truma are the only ones who make these nowadays, but how much do they
cost?? and where can i get one from new, just the heater, not fitting or
anything as i'll do that.

Old September 29th 03, 04:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Will Cove

"CampinGazz" wrote in :

Seems truma are the only ones who make these nowadays,

As an alternative, you may want to consider Alde (http://www.alde.co.uk/),
who manufacture a range of gas/mains boilers suitable for caravan,
motorhome, and marine applications. Alde supply the liquid heating system
fitted to Fleetwood's Heritage range. However, I have no idea of the cost.

FWIW, I have no ties with Alde or Fleetwood and only found out about Alde
because of an interest in a 2000 model Fleetwood Heritage.

HTH,

Will
Old September 29th 03, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bob Douglas

"CampinGazz" wrote in message
i'm having trouble finding out a price.. even a rough one for a heateri

want
to put in my motorhome i'm building,

Anyone know how much a truma 3002 heater costs?
or any similar ones, basicaly i want a wall mounted convection heater,

with
the option of adding the blown air fans, must have electronic ignition so

it
can be thermostaticaly controlled,

Seems truma are the only ones who make these nowadays, but how much do

they
cost?? and where can i get one from new, just the heater, not fitting or
anything as i'll do that.

For list price and all options download latest catalogue from
www.trumauk.com.

I've an older version to hand which gives gas only version at ukp381-396
(depending on manual or electric ignition.) ukp510-525 with electric
element.

Both come with flue kit.

If you want to try cheaper options for heating, CAK in Kenilworth do a
catalogue with other manufacturers.

I suspect Truma would supply dealer names, but the website has service
dealers on a map.
Spam blocking in force. Remove nobumf from address to reply

Old September 30th 03, 12:03 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Arc Systems

A Truma 3002 with electronic ignition is 273, add 143 for 240 volt
electric and the blown air heating, total 416. If you are interested, I can
supply unused Carver 3600, 4000 or 5500 'Turbo' fanmaster heater for a
little more than half this price, and with a choice of coloured fronts to
boot. I also have secondhand fires with true thermostatic control, old I
grant you but all will come with a warranty.

Old September 30th 03, 01:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
CampinGazz

Blimey, when i read the first reply i had to pick my self off the floor
(then i remembered what the propex cost me.. about 400 too, so not too bad)

Where can i find more info on the carver heaters?? i'm wondering what the
turbo fan master one is exactly, i assume 5500 is the output,

Basicaly i need one that has electronic ignition, i.e turn the wall
thermostat up and it'll come on, i'd like to be able to controll it from the
bed.. not have to get out and light it manualy (i don't mind if the knob
on the heater needs turning to on or something first, as long as a
thermostat controlls it from then on)
i only need gas operation, i never use electric hookups, and have a fixed
gas tank, and i'll need a fan master on the back to pipe warm air to the
bathroom and possibaly to the front of the van.. vans going to be about 7
meters long, so convection heat might not work as well as i hope.

Gazz

Old October 1st 03, 01:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Arc Systems

The 5500 is a re badged 4000 with 'Turbo' added for panache. The 5500 has an
output of 3.75Kw, the same as the 4000, and my own 5500 seems to have a
faster fan speed using 4000 electronics?. That said, they are brilliant
heaters with it would seem, more accurate controls than the Trauma
equivalents.
As for your needs, I have a Carver Caravelle Mk3 which has the remote
control switch to set the temp and switch it on and off automatically. It is
floor flued and has a fairly modern looking front but because it has no
controls on the fire itself, other fronts should fit, This I think is just
what you are looking for. I also have one or two Mk1 fanmasters, but I think
you mean just a fan as the fanmasters have heating elements?.
I also think you live in 'Maggie's' old town so I am less than half an hour
from you if you want to have a look.
Gary www.Arcsystems.biz