camping towels

Old July 7th 03, 05:56 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
T i m

Default camping towels

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 12:17:25 +0000 (UTC), "Steve Watkin"
wrote:

Anyone tried those compact camping towels, the one that are supposed to work
after just wringing them out. They look small and light, just right for l/w
cycle touring.

SW

[T] We used the large and small Travel towels when cycle and
motorcycle camping as there are 3 us and even using a trailer space is
a premium.

The large ones are fine for the beach or after a shower and the
smaller ones for a 'strip wash' .

They wash through easily and dry fast, certianly in comparison with a
std household towel (assuming there is a bit of sun or a breeze the
big towel will be dry after a shower before we leave the camp for the
day by the time we have cooked breakfast!).

As has been mentioned elsewhere it's still best to remove the bulk of
the water with your flannel first.

All the best ..

T i m