Sites accessible by public transport?

Old July 7th 03, 09:44 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Jason Hall

Default Sites accessible by public transport?

Edale in the peak district springs to mind but it is near hills rather
than beaches, couple of nice little sites within 5 minutes of the
train station.

Newquay in Cornwall is another option, plenty of camp sites around
Newqay (the site at Porth is virtually on the beach and close to town
also) tho you might need to take a short bus ride from the train
station if you dont fancy walking a couple of miles. I would think
most of the bigger seaside resorts are on coach routes and have
campsites again within local bus distance.

Jason

"Anna Stuttard" wrote in message
We're planning on taking up camping again - but with two small

children (6yo
and 3yo) and no car the biggest challenge is finding somewhere we

can get
to.

We don't drive so hiring a car isn't an option. We need to find a
well-equipped site (with loos, showers, on-site shop etc) within

walking
distance of a train station - I guess within a mile or so. Ideally

close to
a beach and a town.

We'll be carrying everything on our backs, including the tent and

all our
equipment, plus enough clothes for the four of us, so we won't have

room for
loads of equipment. We did this a few times when we had just the one

child,
and in practice it meant that we tended to eat out a lot - so we

need to be
near somewhere with shops, cafes etc.

A tall order? Surely there must be somewhere. We've looked at a

whole range
of campsite recommendations - I've checked 20-30 or so promising

looking
sites on the map, but they're all in the middle of nowhere.

So I'm hoping some of you have been to great sites which you happen

to know
are near train stations. We live in London, so the South coast would

be
easiest, but we'll consider anywhere in Britain.

TIA for your recommendations -

Anna
News, pics and family stuff on our home page
www.tillyfaye.co.uk