Sites accessible by public transport?

Old July 8th 03, 08:44 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Paul McGuinness

Default Sites accessible by public transport?

In message , Anna Stuttard
writes
We're planning on taking up camping again - but with two small children (6yo
and 3yo) and no car the biggest challenge is finding somewhere we can get
to.

Can't help with the campsites but apart from trains, there are frequent
and inexpensive coach services to many seaside towns.
Have you considered taking a minicab from the station to your chosen
campsite? Maybe a little expensive but it would give you a much wider
choice of sites. I have done this when I didn't have a car and couldn't
face walking the 3 or 4 miles to a decent site.
--
Paul reply-to is valid
Old July 8th 03, 05:16 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Paul Robson

"Paul McGuinness" wrote in message
In message , Anna Stuttard
writes
We're planning on taking up camping again - but with two small children

(6yo
and 3yo) and no car the biggest challenge is finding somewhere we can get
to.

Can't help with the campsites but apart from trains, there are frequent
and inexpensive coach services to many seaside towns.
Have you considered taking a minicab from the station to your chosen
campsite? Maybe a little expensive but it would give you a much wider
choice of sites. I have done this when I didn't have a car and couldn't
face walking the 3 or 4 miles to a decent site.
--
Paul reply-to is valid

The "Rough Guide" books usually seem to list sites you can get to by bus
or train. However, I've only read the non-UK ones.