Is there a website available that lists camp sites?

Old July 12th 03, 10:45 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Dave Eades[_2_]

Default Is there a website available that lists camp sites?

I am new to camping and want to try out our new tent somewhere near home

I would like a list of campsites with reviews etc.

Looking in particular at derbyshire for the first trip

thanks in advance
Dave

Old July 13th 03, 05:20 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
GAW

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 22:45:07 +0000 (UTC), "Dave Eades"
wrote:

I am new to camping and want to try out our new tent somewhere near home

I would like a list of campsites with reviews etc.

Looking in particular at derbyshire for the first trip

thanks in advance
Dave

The site that I always use is http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/

I always write a review for sites that I visit, but they do have a
tendency to pull bad reviews (I assume the sites in question threaten
legal action of some kind). So a site with good reviews is a good site
(probably) but with no reviews could be a bad one (or nobody has been)
Old July 13th 03, 08:48 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
klyne

"Dave Eades" wrote in message
I am new to camping and want to try out our new tent somewhere near home

I would like a list of campsites with reviews etc.

Looking in particular at derbyshire for the first trip

thanks in advance

Dave

Have a look at the following two web sites, www.clicreports.co.uk and
www.klyne.btinternet.co.uk

David - Milton Keynes

Old July 13th 03, 01:41 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
happytheman

snip
They pulled a review I made of a site down south. All I said was "I took

one
look and went next door" Whats the point of having a review of sites if

only
the good reviews are printed. To use your presumption - should I visit a
good reviewed site and it turns out to be bad then I should be able to
sue....

Maybe it was pulled because you didn't actually stay there. I have seen
many negative views on sites and the one thing they have in common is the
reviewer did stay and not just look.

It's only my opinion though.

happytheman

Old July 13th 03, 02:50 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Paul Robson

"Em" wrote:

They pulled a review I made of a site down south. All I said was "I took
one look and went next door" Whats the point of having a review of sites
if only the good reviews are printed. To use your presumption - should I
visit a good reviewed site and it turns out to be bad then I should be
able to sue....

What does that review tell anyone. Any moron can write "I like it" "I hate
it". What people want to know is WHY.

For example, some people (me and family) don't care for big noisy sites with
regular discos. OTOH some people love them !

Old July 13th 03, 03:17 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
happytheman

If you were not there your opinion is worthless in making
assumptions. Are you saying that some daft idiot should stay in that hovel
before being allowed to post a review?

Just offering my opinion. I use the website a lot and have seen many
negative comments, why don't you ask why they pulled it before making
assumptions yourself.

happytheman

Old July 13th 03, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
\Em\

"happytheman" wrote in message
| If you were not there your opinion is worthless in making
| assumptions. Are you saying that some daft idiot should stay in that
hovel
| before being allowed to post a review?
|

| Just offering my opinion. I use the website a lot and have seen many
| negative comments, why don't you ask why they pulled it before making
| assumptions yourself.
|
| happytheman

'Twas not me who made the assumption but you..........Oh! I did ask but
ukcampsite did not reply.

Old July 13th 03, 04:59 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
GAW

One such review that I had pulled stated that the camp site in
question was actually a stop-over for the on-site 'public' nightclub.
I pointed out that this was not a family site in any way (even though
it advertises itself as such) and in my opinion is only really for
those who are after that sort of thing. On the positive side, I did
point out that the pitches were level. They still pulled it.

I think that they are not interested in why a site is a bad site, it
seems as though the only negative comment they will always allow is 'I
would not go back' - the rest appears to be hit or miss.

That said, by toning down my objections to a bad site, I have actually
managed to keep one or two negative reviews in, but that could be due
to whether the sites in question spot a bad review.

Old July 24th 03, 09:48 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Ian

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk

| They pulled a review I made of a site down south. All I said was "I
took
| one
| look and went next door" Whats the point of having a review of sites

if
| only
| the good reviews are printed.

That is nonsense

Reviews are only pulled if they make unsubstantiated comments , or comments
which could be libellous.

If a review makes constructive comments and makes thought out criticisms
then it will remain

There are currently several thousand reviews on the site , and there are
hundreds of reviews which are negative, and even more which contain both
negative and positive comments - those are the most useful and allow other
visitors to make informed choices.

To say I took one look and went next door is ridiculous , and you can hardly
expect it to be published.
A review explaining why you may have decided not to use the site may have
been published , provided the comments were substantiated.

It's easy to say : This site is ****e , much more use if you can be bothered
to explain why you came to that conclusion , and better still if you can
point out why it might appeal to other people , just because you didn't like
it doesn't mean everyone will agree

| Maybe it was pulled because you didn't actually stay there. I have seen
| many negative views on sites and the one thing they have in common is

the
| reviewer did stay and not just look.
|
| It's only my opinion though.

Exactly , well said