Changing tyre / jacking up a trailer tent or folding caravan

Old July 15th 03, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Donegal Paul

Default Changing tyre / jacking up a trailer tent or folding caravan

Right as some may have gathered I have acquired a folding camper and want to
check out the status of the brakes on this beastie as its been sat a while.
The question is, how on earth do I jack it up?
I have a trolley jack so that's sorted but do I leave the corner legs folded
up out of the way and jack it? surely then its only balancing on the other
wheel which cant be right.
If I put the corner posts down, will they not be under too much stress??

Anyone got any idea?
--
Donegal Paul
http://www.thepilgrimssc.co.uk

Old July 15th 03, 07:27 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Adrian Rothery

"Donegal Paul" wrote in message
Right as some may have gathered I have acquired a folding camper and want

check out the status of the brakes on this beastie as its been sat a

while.
The question is, how on earth do I jack it up?
I have a trolley jack so that's sorted but do I leave the corner legs

folded
up out of the way and jack it? surely then its only balancing on the other
wheel which cant be right.
If I put the corner posts down, will they not be under too much stress??

Anyone got any idea?
--
Donegal Paul
http://www.thepilgrimssc.co.uk
Lambretta Series 2 Li 175 Stage 4
Lambretta - It's the feeling outside!

Leave it attached to the car so that it is supported by the hitch, the other
wheel and the jack.

Adrian

Old July 16th 03, 08:23 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Donegal Paul

"Adrian Rothery"

Leave it attached to the car so that it is supported by the hitch, the

other
wheel and the jack.

That wont be too much strain on the hitch would it??