Tent Electric hook up

Old July 25th 03, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
TribalKev

Default Tent Electric hook up

Can anyone recommend somewhere that either supplies these leads with 2 or
more sockets on reasonably cheap. Also can anyone recommend a supplier that
can provide the components to make one up.

Cheers Kev

Old July 26th 03, 10:38 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Drew[_2_]

TribalKev wrote:
Can anyone recommend somewhere that either supplies these leads with 2 or
more sockets on reasonably cheap. Also can anyone recommend a supplier that
can provide the components to make one up.

Cheers Kev

These look like a very good deal, the seller has good feedback too....

http://tinyurl.com/i4da

HTH
Drew

Old July 26th 03, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
TribalKev

"Drew" wrote in message
TribalKev wrote:
Can anyone recommend somewhere that either supplies these leads with 2

or
more sockets on reasonably cheap. Also can anyone recommend a supplier

that
can provide the components to make one up.

Cheers Kev

These look like a very good deal, the seller has good feedback too....

http://tinyurl.com/i4da

HTH
Drew

Had spotted that myself, i could probably make it myself for a fraction if i
could only find a retailer that sells an inline RCD adaptor (
I am tempted to just get some arctic cable, 240v industrial plug and a
weatherproof Socket. Then just plug in my RCD unit i use for my mower. After
all im not going to be leaving anything plugged in to the socket when im not
in the tent as tents arent exactly secure.

Cheers Kev

Old July 26th 03, 07:21 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Mathew J. Newton \(E-Mail address not valid\)

"TribalKev" wrote in message

"Drew" wrote in message
TribalKev wrote:
[...]

CPC sell the particular RCD used in the auction for 19.77 + vat. In fact if
you check out CPC's page for the unit (http://tinyurl.com/i58b or if the
link doesn't work enter PL0259766 in the Quick Search box at www.cpc.co.uk)
you can see he's even used their picture!

Mat

Old July 26th 03, 08:01 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
TribalKev

"Mathew J. Newton (E-Mail address not valid)" wrote in
message ...
SNIP

CPC sell the particular RCD used in the auction for 19.77 + vat. In fact

if
you check out CPC's page for the unit (http://tinyurl.com/i58b or if the
link doesn't work enter PL0259766 in the Quick Search box at

www.cpc.co.uk)
you can see he's even used their picture!

Mat

Cheers for that mat, pricey piece of kit isn't it, makes the ebayer look
even more reasonably priced.

Cheers Kev

Old July 27th 03, 09:03 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Drew[_2_]

TribalKev wrote:
"Mathew J. Newton (E-Mail address not valid)" wrote in
message ...

SNIP

CPC sell the particular RCD used in the auction for 19.77 + vat. In fact

if

you check out CPC's page for the unit (http://tinyurl.com/i58b or if the
link doesn't work enter PL0259766 in the Quick Search box at

www.cpc.co.uk)

you can see he's even used their picture!

Mat

Cheers for that mat, pricey piece of kit isn't it, makes the ebayer look
even more reasonably priced.

Cheers Kev

I priced it up myself and couldn't match the price. FYI, Those RCD's are
made by JOJO, The cheapest RCD's I found are either the plug-in power
breaker type at around a tenner, or the ones built into a double socket.
B&Q have those for around 12. niether would be too suitable for a tent
type hook-up.

Drew.

Old July 27th 03, 02:43 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
KarlJ

Drew wrote in message ...
TribalKev wrote:
Can anyone recommend somewhere that either supplies these leads with 2 or
more sockets on reasonably cheap. Also can anyone recommend a supplier that
can provide the components to make one up.

Cheers Kev

These look like a very good deal, the seller has good feedback too....

http://tinyurl.com/i4da

HTH
Drew

I saw a waterproof socket with built in RCD in the argos cat. Cant
find it on the website though. It looked like just the sort of thing a
homebuilt lead should have.
Old July 27th 03, 04:06 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
RTE

"TribalKev" wrote in message

Had spotted that myself, i could probably make it myself for a fraction if

could only find a retailer that sells an inline RCD adaptor (
I am tempted to just get some arctic cable, 240v industrial plug and a
weatherproof Socket. Then just plug in my RCD unit i use for my mower.

After
all im not going to be leaving anything plugged in to the socket when im

not
in the tent as tents arent exactly secure.

Cheers Kev

If you are making your own site hook-up with an RCD, cable, plug and outlet
socket, you will still be short of over current protection.
An RCD won't prevent your hair dryer or toaster from tripping the sites
supply.
The kits supplied by Towsure and the like will have an over current trip
incorporated in the unit.

RTE