Airbed inflation

Old July 27th 03, 02:46 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
KarlJ

Default Airbed inflation

Well, on my third outing with the tent, and my forth time putting up
the tent and packing it again, I have speeded up quite alot. This
supprises me as I seem to be working at it alot less.

Anyway, one thing that really stands out now is the fact my airbeds
take too long to inflate. So I have two questions.
1, Whats the quickest pump you have used?
2, Are any of those electrical pumps anygood?
Old July 27th 03, 04:02 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Si

I use a 'coleman' electric pump. Very small and very fast, does our double
air bed in a few minutes, the good thing is that it can suck as well, which
means I can pack the bed down to it's original size. Try that with your
mouth!

Si

m...

Old July 27th 03, 06:57 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Sonars UK

Hi Matt,

What make and model is your pump? I currently take a big double action hand
pump with me. It's quite quick and inflating/deflating but it takes up alot
of room in the car, plus it makes sense to pump up the beds with an
electric pump whilst the tent is being set up.

Been thinking of getting an electric pump for a while and you can't beat a
good recommendation.

TIA

Sonars UK

"Mathew J. Newton (E-Mail address not valid)" wrote in
message ...
"KarlJ" wrote in message
m...
Well, on my third outing with the tent, and my forth time putting up
the tent and packing it again, I have speeded up quite alot. This
supprises me as I seem to be working at it alot less.

Anyway, one thing that really stands out now is the fact my airbeds
take too long to inflate. So I have two questions.
1, Whats the quickest pump you have used?
2, Are any of those electrical pumps anygood?

I took both a foot-pump (bellows type) and electric (10 from the local
motor store) and, quite simply, I'll only be taking the electric pump next
time... It inflated my double airbed (and 4-man dinghy) in no time at

all...
and obviously effortlessly to boot! It was also good in reverse to suck

all
the air out to enable easy repacking.

In all honesty I was shocked how well it worked (hence why I took the
foot-pump too). If you're going to go down this route make sure you're
getting a low-pressure (high volume) pump as opposed to the type (on the
same shelf) designed for inflating car tyres - these are meant for high
pressure inflating and hence the air volume throughput is very low.

Mat

Old July 27th 03, 09:09 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Drew[_2_]

"Sonars UK" wrote in message

Hi Matt,

What make and model is your pump? I currently take a big double action

hand

pump with me. It's quite quick and inflating/deflating but it takes up

alot

of room in the car, plus it makes sense to pump up the beds with an
electric pump whilst the tent is being set up.

Been thinking of getting an electric pump for a while and you can't beat a
good recommendation.

TIA

Sonars UK

I don't know who made mine.. in fact I seem to recall the packaging being
just as anonymous so I imagine it's nothing more than an el-cheapo Malaysian
import! A quick search on the web revealed a similar one to mine at:

http://www.caravancampingsites.co.uk...l/inflator.htm

I'm sure if you popped into your local car parts store they'd have one
(Halfords definitely do).

Mat

I use this one (well, one exactly the same, only from Woolies)
http://tinyurl.com/i7rv

It inflates a garden bouncy castle in 5 mins or thereabouts....

It sucks too... ;-)

Drew

Old July 27th 03, 10:39 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
richard baker

One of the main attractions of camping is the 'chill out' factor; so don't
worry about how long it takes to blow up the airbed.

Richard

"KarlJ" wrote in message
m...
Well, on my third outing with the tent, and my forth time putting up
the tent and packing it again, I have speeded up quite alot. This
supprises me as I seem to be working at it alot less.

Anyway, one thing that really stands out now is the fact my airbeds
take too long to inflate. So I have two questions.
1, Whats the quickest pump you have used?
2, Are any of those electrical pumps anygood?

---
NO HOTMAIL EMAIL ALLOWED

Old July 29th 03, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
[email protected]

Tom wrote in news:Y1w9hWADkZJ
:

In article 6, [email protected]
[email protected]?.? writes
(QrizB) wrote in :

snip

Too true. The only drawback is that I keep wqondering just how much
saliva is slopping around inside my airbed ...

Do you sleep *inside* the airbed then? :-)

If he slept inside it he'd *know* how much saliva was slopping
around....

....blech...
:-)

--
Mick
http://www.nascom.info for Nascom & Gemini info.
Old July 29th 03, 08:15 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
RTE

"QrizB" wrote in message

Too true. The only drawback is that I keep wqondering just how much
saliva is slopping around inside my airbed ...

--
QrizB

be fooled.

I'd be more concerned about blowing it up by mouth and getting a blow back
in the process.
:-)

RTE