gas cooker problem

Old July 28th 03, 05:17 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
QrizB

Default gas cooker problem

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:25:09 +0100, "jon" jonajunaAThotmailDOTcom
wrote:

this weekend though we were about to use both rings to cook (the kettle only
needs the one!!) but the flame nearest the gas inlet produced a big and
yellow flame...not the nice clear blue one we are used to (and was getting
on the other ring no problem)

now from what i can recall from school!!! its the addition of oxygen that
causes a gas flame to burn so.

A yellow flame usually means a lack of oxygen, not a surplus.

so do i take it that i have got a hole or split somewhare after the gas
control for that ring (presuming that if it was air getting in elsewhere it
would affect both rings)

It's most likely that there's a hole in the burner that's meant to let
in air, but that it's become blocked with something. If you can find
it, and clean it, everything should be OK again.

--
QrizB

be fooled.