Thanks

Old July 28th 03, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Eric Clarke

Default Thanks

I, and I notice, Klyne, are very forthcoming with our advice, plenty of
others out there as well. What is notable is the lack of a simple "thanks"
from many subscribers. Is this because they are members of the CC and regard
advice as their God-given right?
Eric

Old July 28th 03, 06:56 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
CHRIS 159

"Phil Cook" wrote in message
On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 18:21:00 +0000 (UTC), Eric Clarke wrote:

I, and I notice, Klyne, are very forthcoming with our advice, plenty of
others out there as well. What is notable is the lack of a simple

"thanks"
from many subscribers. Is this because they are members of the CC and

regard
advice as their God-given right?

Which thread does this belong to?

I am generally quite happy to give advice on the newsgroups I subscribe to

but
don't expect every posting to be replied to with a thankyou, though it is

nice
when it does happen or somebody else confirms my views. It is one of those
things, simple "thankyous" add to the postings burden without contributing

much
to the argument. We live in a less courteous world these days and usenet

isn't
the most immediate of media. I don't see what membership of the CC

(whatever
that is) has to do with it.
--

Caravan Club. not thats its got anything to do with a 'camping' group

Old July 28th 03, 08:57 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Jeep Beep

"Eric Clarke" wrote in message
I, and I notice, Klyne, are very forthcoming with our advice, plenty of
others out there as well. What is notable is the lack of a simple "thanks"
from many subscribers. Is this because they are members of the CC and

regard
advice as their God-given right?
Eric

I've only just come into this group, but I've used other groups for many
years.
The last think we want is everyone posting 'thanks' messages all over the
place. It'll just clog up the bandwidth.
It goes without saying that on-topic responses to messages will be
appreciated, surely?
Good Luck
Jan

Old July 28th 03, 10:25 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Ian Dalziel

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 21:57:36 +0100, "Jeep Beep"
wrote:

"Eric Clarke" wrote in message
I, and I notice, Klyne, are very forthcoming with our advice, plenty of
others out there as well. What is notable is the lack of a simple "thanks"
from many subscribers. Is this because they are members of the CC and

regard
advice as their God-given right?
Eric

I've only just come into this group, but I've used other groups for many
years.
The last think we want is everyone posting 'thanks' messages all over the
place. It'll just clog up the bandwidth.
It goes without saying that on-topic responses to messages will be
appreciated, surely?

Hate to waste bandwidth just agreeing, but absolutely. Time I've
wasted downloading messages saying "Thanks for that" - take that to
email, surely?

Old July 29th 03, 12:23 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
marc

kqr wrote:

I've only just come into this group, but I've used other groups for many
years.
The last think we want is everyone posting 'thanks' messages all over the
place. It'll just clog up the bandwidth.
It goes without saying that on-topic responses to messages will be
appreciated, surely?

Hate to waste bandwidth just agreeing, but absolutely. Time I've
wasted downloading messages saying "Thanks for that" - take that to
email, surely?

Just as I wasted time downloading this ****e??

Thanks!
Old July 29th 03, 09:02 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
King Queen

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 19:56:22 +0100, Phil Cook
wrote:

It is one of those
things, simple "thankyous" add to the postings burden without contributing much
to the argument.

I agree; in fact Emily Postnews and other suggest replying with
"thanks" by e-mail to stop clogging the newsgroup. Nobody can known
how much that happens or doesn't happen here.

--
King Queen - Remove .lartsspammers to reply. http://www.kingqueen.org.uk
"everyone talks of freedome, but there are but few that act for freedome
Old July 29th 03, 03:29 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Ian Dalziel

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 12:42:13 +0000 (UTC), "Eric Clarke"
wrote:

Good grief, thanks for the advice, and I stand corrected.

Heh Well, no you don't actually, 'cos you just posted a thank-you...

We'll do top-posting next, shall we?

;-)