Conway Trailer Tent Wheel Bearings

Old August 3rd 03, 06:30 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Jon Rogers

Default Conway Trailer Tent Wheel Bearings

Just did my annual (ish) service routine on my old (1987) Conway
Contiki, and noticed that the wheel bearings on one side are rather
noisy, although there is no play in them.

I've cleaned and regreased them, but they still rumble a little.

Does anyone know how bad they have to be to need replacing, and where
would I get some from?

Hoping to tow it 300 odd miles next week to Cornwall, so I'm getting
a bit anxious.

Thanks in advance for your advice.
--
Jon
jondotrogersatntlworlddotcom
Old August 3rd 03, 07:26 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
RTE

"Jon Rogers" wrote in message
Just did my annual (ish) service routine on my old (1987) Conway
Contiki, and noticed that the wheel bearings on one side are rather
noisy, although there is no play in them.

I've cleaned and regreased them, but they still rumble a little.

Does anyone know how bad they have to be to need replacing, and where
would I get some from?

Hoping to tow it 300 odd miles next week to Cornwall, so I'm getting
a bit anxious.

Thanks in advance for your advice.
--
Jon

BSL should be able to help with replacements.
http://www.bsl.co.uk

RTE

Old August 4th 03, 08:55 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Drew[_2_]

Jon Rogers wrote:
Just did my annual (ish) service routine on my old (1987) Conway
Contiki, and noticed that the wheel bearings on one side are rather
noisy, although there is no play in them.

I've cleaned and regreased them, but they still rumble a little.

Does anyone know how bad they have to be to need replacing, and where
would I get some from?

Hoping to tow it 300 odd miles next week to Cornwall, so I'm getting
a bit anxious.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

As others have said, it would be wise to change them now rather than
have a bearing collapse on the motorway.

Try these people...

http://www.trailerpartswarehouse.co....uspension.html

http://tinyurl.com/izk8

you will probably find your TT uses standard suspension components, they
have allways been very good whan I have bought things from them in the
past.

HTH
Drew