Pentewan sands & sandy balls

Old August 5th 03, 11:09 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
john

Default Pentewan sands & sandy balls

I would be suprised if you can get into sandy balls at this time of year. we
went there in august 2 years ago - it was heaving... we ended up in the
overflow field at the back of the site - ok but not brilliant (portacabin
for a loo). the shop sells most things and there are several places to eat -
as long as you like chips..

there are some very nice pitches there but at this time of year, they will
all be booked.

the surrounding area is beautiful, fordingbridge is 5 mins from the site and
has a wonderful pub by the river, and there is a good playground there as
well.

have fun

"Sarah Hodge" wrote in message
Hi everyone

I am heading towards my big summer holiday and wondering if anyone has
anything to offer on either of the sites that I will be staying on.
My first week in being spent at Pentewan sands in Mevagissey, and the

second
week at Sandy balls in the new forest.

Also any suggestion for days out while in the areas will be appreciated.

Many thanks

Sarah

Old August 5th 03, 11:32 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Sarah Hodge

Hi John,

We will be okay as we have booked a pitch already.

My son would live on chips given the chance so he will be pleased.

Thanks for the tip about the pub in Fordingbridge, I'm sure that we will pay
that one a visit.

Best wishes

Sarah

Old August 18th 03, 11:36 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Fran[_3_]

sPoNiX said...
If going to Fordingbridge AVOID the New Forest Cafe, a posh-ish
establishment in the 'arcade'. They tried to overcharge us thinking we
were tourists. When we complained they stated that we'd misread the
menu! They then proceeded to refuse to show us a menu and only
(Grudgingly) gave us a refund when we found a menu they'd missed on
one of the tables.

I hope you reported them?
--

Fran
The email address in the headers is now a spamtrap; however