campsite advice blackpool and other queries !

Old August 6th 03, 09:32 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Andy Shore

Default campsite advice blackpool and other queries !

Hi all
My family has decided that we are to go camping for a week next week
and my wife particularly wants to travel down to Devon/cornwall area.
She wants to set off on Friday pm after she finishes work (about 4ish)
and stop off overnight around the Blackpool area. We prefer sites to
be quietish ie not bothered about any kind of club/bar and have two
kids 5yrs and 8yrs so play area would be good. Can anyone give me
some advice re any sites around the area that would be appropriate
please?

Also - it's years (loads n loads!) since I last camped - can you still
leave cool blocks for the cooler boxes in most campsite shops/offices?
Is it going to be essential to book up before setting off to get a
site down in Devon/Cornwall?

I'm really looking forward to this week away - just a little out of
practice that's all!!

Thanks for your time

Andy Shore
Durham, UK
Old August 6th 03, 01:14 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Shaun O'Connor

"Andy Shore" wrote in message
Hi all
My family has decided that we are to go camping for a week next week
and my wife particularly wants to travel down to Devon/cornwall area.
Is it going to be essential to book up before setting off to get a
site down in Devon/Cornwall?

I am going to a site in Devon called Peppermint Park in Dawlish Warren next
week. They have a website www.PeppermintPark.co.uk
Apparently they have an overfill field and expect to have plenty of space
(but with the weather being so good I would ring to be safe).
I guess that some sites would be full but you would always find space
somewhere. I like to play it safe.
It gets good reviews but I have not been there before. Hope you find this
usefull.