Noobie needs some advice.......

Old August 7th 03, 02:13 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Jaffa

Default Noobie needs some advice.......

Hi all.

I've been camping before but not that often and not since a few years ago.

Me and three friends are looking for a site to spend two or three nights.
The last time we camped, we found a very nice place in Skipton but the camp
site was basically a small green big enough for about 8 tents.

Basically, we want to find a site with a bit of privacy. We'd like to stay
up most of the night just chatting and maybe playing some quiet music but
obviously we can't do that if we have neighbours 6 feet away. This was the
problem we had last time.

We're all 22 so we we're not young kids looking to just "hoon" around, we
just want to appreciate the night and relax having some fun.

We did think about just finding a field somewhere and pitching up a tent,
but I don't even know if that's legal and as we're staying a couple of
nights we'd like to have some facilities available. A small town nearby
would be great with some pubs too.

I live in Middlesbrough so we're looking for something in the North East.

I've had a look on the web using "google" but I could be there for hours and
i doesn't really give me the info I'm looking for.

If anyone knows just the site I'm looking for, or if anyone can give me any
help at all, I really would appreciate it so much.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Mark.

Old August 7th 03, 12:21 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Jim :o\)

"Jaffa" wrote in message
[...]

Hi Mark

Your best bet is to choose a site then ring them up. Explain what you want
and see if they can accommodate your wishes, if not ask your their
recommendations. They'll know what's available in their area. From my
experience a few telephone calls can get you what you want.

It's good to see a younger campers showing consideration for others, many
older campers could learn a lesson here.

Jim