camping in norfolk?

Old August 7th 03, 08:03 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Dan Keeley

Default camping in norfolk?

Hi All,

I'm thinking of going camping in norfolk, or anywhere else relatively close
( herts ) and was wondering which areas are good, what there is to see etc
etc?? Any recomendations?

Thanks!
Dan

Old August 11th 03, 11:48 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Helen Johnson

we were staying with loads of family in a huge house, but driving to
Sehringham, we noticed what looked like an excellent campsite for tents
and children. I think it was woodhill ? at East Runton/ Cromer.
it had a carrvan area attatched as well
My Nan recomended the Kelling Heath one in Holt

http://www.holidays.org.uk/index.htm...rg.uk/php/acco
mmsrch2.php3?cat=C&area=norfolk&type=town

In message , Mark
Gowans writes
Long time ago I went camping in Cromer, staying at the Seacroft Campsite
(http://www.virtual-camping.com/Virtu...campsiteid=903)

Would highly recommend the site.. and Cromer's not a bad base!

--
Helen Johnson
Old August 11th 03, 07:45 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Julie Meikle

Camping club has a site at Sandringham which is well appointed as is their
site at West Runton.

Can be busy, but at least people are not allowed to park their tents etc on
top of yours! The safety rule of 20 feet distance is always enforced.

julie

Old August 11th 03, 08:25 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Chris French

In message , Helen Johnson
writes

"Dan Keeley" wrote in message
Hi All,

I'm thinking of going camping in norfolk, or anywhere else relatively close
( herts ) and was wondering which areas are good, what there is to see etc
etc?? Any recomendations?

Yep, it was Woodhill Park:

http://www.woodhill-park.com/

North Norfolk is nice, with good beaches, - not that busy. And with all
the hot weather we've had the sea was almost warm :-)

If you have kids (or like horses) the nearby Shire Horse centre is good,
with plenty of interest as well as the horses - other animals, good
collection of horse drawn vehicles, and farm implements, playground area
- yet another Maize maze.

There is the preserved North Norfolk Railway - Sherringham to Holt.

--
Chris French, Leeds
Old August 11th 03, 10:59 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
4 u

I would second wood hill, just got back and was great, ideal base for the
seal trips, shire horses, sandringham and loads more to see and do

fantastic

also crab fishing for the kids

(http://www.virtual-camping.com/Virtu...p?campsiteid=9