Camping in Cornwall

Old August 11th 03, 03:21 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
LizR

Default Camping in Cornwall

We want to go bodyboarding in Cornwall on the Bank Holiday weekend. We've come to the
conclusion that the campsite we stayed at last year is a bit of a toilet. Can anyone
recommend anything good? What's good? A family campsite, possibly on a farm, with a
play area and clean toilets (and showers!). The adults amongst us are now way too old
to stay in a field full of surfistas making noise till the wee small hours (been
there, done that:-)

Specifically we were thinking of going to Watergate Bay, but any of those little bays
along there would do.

Any ideas?

tia

Liz
Old August 11th 03, 09:39 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Sonars UK

Hi Liz,

We've just returned from a weeks camping holiday at the Parkdean Newquay
Holiday Park and I would have no hesitation in recommending this site to
you. It is in an excellent location for where you want to go. It's about
three miles outside of Newquay set in some lovely countryside. Watergate
Bay was about 10 minutes drive away.

Although it's more of a Holdiay Park than a campsite it only cost us 94 for
seven days and offered wonderful facilities. It's not big and brash like
some of the Haven sites but just right in every aspect and perfect for
families.

If you do chose to stay at this site then here are my words of advice. Some
of the pitches are a little slopey so when you are booking try to reserve a
pitch on either A Upper, A Middle or A Lower as they are much flatter than
any of the other fields.

Here are a couple of reviews of this site from www.ukcampsite.co.uk:
http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/re...asp?revid=3502

Also, here is a link to their website:
http://www.newquay-holiday-parks.co....quay/index.php

Good luck in finding a site and have a great holiday.

Regards,

Sonars UK

Old August 12th 03, 06:59 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Netty

We stayed at a site at St Mabyn a couple of years ago - very basic and very
quiet, but the facilities were very clean and looked after.

Lynnette

Old August 15th 03, 02:49 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
LizR

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 22:39:09 +0100, "Sonars UK"
wrote:

[...]

Thanks, it's far too grand for us and our tent, but it looks jolly nice all the same.
Maybe we'll book a week in a caravan next year, if the weather's going to be this
nice again.

Liz
Old August 22nd 03, 07:33 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Bryan Royce Llewellyn

We live in Cornwall and have found a lovely site suitable for Bodyboarding.
It close to Fistral Beach (Newquay) and also a tiny beach called Polly Joke
which has good surf butb not as good as Fistral. The site is run by a
smashing couple, it is not a large site but the main plus for us is the
shower block is immaculate and no charge for the showers. I am afraiad they
don't take dogs and they are reluctant to take large groups of children. I
think that they might eventually go to adults only. They are not on the web
yet but there Phone no is 01637 831083 Steve and Murial. They have a cottage
and one Caravan that they let out.

Hope this helps you.

Bryan