Aberystwyth Holiday Village

Old August 18th 03, 04:26 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
wiraone

Default Aberystwyth Holiday Village

Hi,

Just booked to Aberystwyth Holiday Village, central Wales. The website look
nice and facilities as per the web site look good too. Only accept minimum
3 nights booking though and going there this weekend. Checking review
sites, some rate it as 4 thumbs down .. now, anyone has any experience with
this site? I'm going with my 3 children age 7 to 10. Any surrounding places
should we pay a visit? TIA.
Old August 19th 03, 04:55 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
wiraone

Fran wrote in
:

Wiraone said...

[Aberystwyth]
I'm going with my 3 children age 7 to 10. Any surrounding places
should we pay a visit? TIA.

Wow, where to start! The Centre for Alternative Technology at
Machynlleth is a *must*. It's a full day out and the cafe there
does the most wonderful vegetarian food. It's not the cheapest
nosh in the area, but even my meat-eating husband and children
think it's tasty. In the same area you'll find Cadair Idris;
Corris; King Arthur's Labyrinth; Celtica... You don't say where
you're from or what your interests are; if you like a good walk
and don't mind a bit of a drive you'll want to explore the
Brecon Beacons and the Black Mountain. Whilst you're in
Aberystwyth visit the Tree House restaurant for lunch (it's very
different and very expensive in the evenings) and have a ride on
the Vale of Rheidol railway. Usually steam locos, sometimes
diesel depending on - whatever it depends on g. There's also
the Talyllyn Railway, home of Peter Sam, Sir Handel, Skarloey
and the other engines on the Thin Controller's Railway... How
long did you say you were going to be there? :-)

Thank you very much .. that'll be a lot to check them out.. We'll be
there for 3 nights .. hopefully we have time to visit all of those
places.. plus the indoor pool for the children and I wonder if I could
ever drag them out from the camp site. Anyway, I'll be driving down from
Manchester on Friday afternoon and hopefully get enough time to settle in
before venturing out.. Thanks again for the information given.