Campsites near airfields

Old August 19th 03, 08:17 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
J.S

Default Campsites near airfields

Hi bit of a strange request this one but does anyone know of campsites near
or under the approach to airfields both civil or military that have toilet
blocks and electric hook up? I know of two myself just to get the ball
rolling, Whitecliffe Bay, IOW is close to the small airfield of Bembridge
and Rutland camping and caravanning site is very close to Harrier base at
RAF Cottesmore (but not mentioned on their website). Do you know of more?

Alison

Old August 19th 03, 04:08 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Bryan Hall

I can go one better - Holmsley Campsite in the New Forest - it's sited on a
2nd World War airfield!

"Duncan Gray" wrote in message

"J.S" wrote in message
Hi bit of a strange request this one but does anyone know of campsites

near
or under the approach to airfields both civil or military that have

toilet
blocks and electric hook up? I know of two myself just to get the ball
rolling, Whitecliffe Bay, IOW is close to the small airfield of

Bembridge
and Rutland camping and caravanning site is very close to Harrier base

at
RAF Cottesmore (but not mentioned on their website). Do you know of

more?

Silver Sands makes a feature of being next door to RAF Lossiemouth
http://www.silversands.freeserve.co.uk

What about Shell Island, you drive over the causway next to the base at
Llanbedr to get there. Can't remember of it has electrical hook ups

though.

--
Duncan Gray

homepage - www.duncolm.co.uk
also www.mountaineering-scotland.org.uk
The Mountaineering Council of Scotland

Old August 21st 03, 09:59 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Gary Cavanagh

The Basingstoke canal visitors centre at Mytchett Place Road. is under
Farnborough's approach

http://www.basingstokecanal1.freeser...uk/cancent.htm

"kqr" wrote in message
t...
In article , Bryan
Hall says...

I can go one better - Holmsley Campsite in the New Forest - it's sited

on a
2nd World War airfield!

So is Goose Wood Near York but they do not
accept tenters - I think.

Old August 23rd 03, 08:37 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
RustYŠ[_2_]

"J.S" wrote in message
Hi bit of a strange request this one but does anyone know of campsites

near
or under the approach to airfields

RAF Valley is surrounded by campsites. The one at the 32 end has hook ups
etc. No need to book, the noise from the first jet off at 0800 clears the
pitches for you.
--
For Welsh Military Flying visit .......

Old August 29th 03, 04:33 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Niles

"Duncan Gray" wrote:

|What about Shell Island, you drive over the causway next to the base at
|Llanbedr to get there. Can't remember of it has electrical hook ups though.

Wouldn't have thought so, since caravans aren't allowed on the island.

--
Niles, Nottingham |
outpages.com/nilex | Evil sitcom proves the Devil makes