Bank Holiday Weekend

Old August 21st 03, 06:08 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Helen B

Default Bank Holiday Weekend

Can anyone suggest campsites in North England or Wales or Scottish Borders
which may still have space for this weekend. Must have toilets/showers.

I know we've left it rather late, but we've only just bought a new tent, and
are keen to try it out!

Thanks

Helen

Old August 21st 03, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Fran[_3_]

"Helen B" helen.at.lost-highway.freeserve.co.uk said...
Can anyone suggest campsites in North England or Wales or Scottish Borders
which may still have space for this weekend. Must have toilets/showers.

You have a bit, haven't you. You could try Pencelli in the
Brecon Beacons
http://freespace.virgin.net/pencelli.castle/

How far south are you willing to come? Dare Valley Country Park
has a small campsite, with toilets and I think showers; also a
cafe with home cooked food that my children and I sampled the
other day and can therefore vouch for. Contact details:

Dare Valley Country Park
Aberdare

Tel: 01685 874672
Fax: 01685 882919

There's a review of it he
http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/re...asp?revid=3637

And more information on the campsite and general area he
http://www.cynonvalley.co.uk/dvcp2/

And he
http://www.aberdareonline.co.uk/cont...sure/dare_vall
ey/

--

Fran
The email address in the headers is now a spamtrap; however