Vango Tent extension wanted

Old August 24th 03, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Aesop

Default Vango Tent extension wanted

Hi Folks, I need a porch extension for my Vango Force 10, Mk 5, standard,
tent. Does any one have one for sale. I believe a Mk 5 lightweight would
also fit.
Many thanks. Pete.

Old August 24th 03, 08:26 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
MatSav

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 17:42:25 +0100, "Aesop"
wrote:

Hi Folks, I need a porch extension for my Vango Force 10, Mk 5, standard,
tent. Does any one have one for sale. I believe a Mk 5 lightweight would
also fit.
Many thanks. Pete.

I don't have one for sale, but I do have one. They were available on
"special order" from Vango / Blacks/Mukta, or whatever / whoever
they're called these days. Expect a minimum delivery time of three
weeks. They're available in green or orange nylon ("lightweight"
only). You can also order a flysheet and extension combined, at a
much greater cost!

When I ordered mine, about two years ago, I was informed that the
manufacturer wanted to discontinue the Force 10 range, but demand is /
was too high! I suspect that given the durability of the canvas tents
(my previous model lasted about 15 years before it was stolen), they'd
rather make the Nylon "Discovery" range instead, with a consequential
higher "turnover" (renewal) rate. Built-in obsolescence, anyone?

--
MatSav
Old August 24th 03, 09:31 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Chris French

In message , MatSav
writes
wrote:

Hi Folks, I need a porch extension for my Vango Force 10, Mk 5, standard,
tent. Does any one have one for sale. I believe a Mk 5 lightweight would
also fit.
Many thanks. Pete.

I don't have one for sale, but I do have one. They were available on
"special order" from Vango / Blacks/Mukta, or whatever / whoever
they're called these days.

AIUI, the Vango brand is owned by AMG Outdoor now

When I ordered mine, about two years ago, I was informed that the
manufacturer wanted to discontinue the Force 10 range, but demand is /
was too high! I suspect that given the durability of the canvas tents
(my previous model lasted about 15 years before it was stolen)

I met a couple a couple of weekends ago , they we camping in their
Force 10 which was wedding present 25 years ago. Still going strong but
they did say they were looking to pension it off.

The attractions of a lighter weight tent for when they had to backpack
was too tempting.

--
Chris French, Leeds
Old August 25th 03, 04:18 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
HN

wrote:

Hi Folks, I need a porch extension for my Vango Force 10, Mk 5, standard,
tent. Does any one have one for sale. I believe a Mk 5 lightweight would
also fit.
Many thanks. Pete.

I have a Vango Force 10 extension surplus to requirements. Not sure
which Mark it's for though.

It's orange nylon; the ridge pole is about 4 feet long; the uprights
are 5 feet high.

All the rubbers are original and in good condition. The fabric is
faded a bit and is good, except for a 5 inch horizontal rip at ground
level by the lower end of one of the zip doors. If I still had the
Force 10, I would have repaired it by now. It will need guys and
pegs.

I have taken a few pictures which I can send if this sounds like what
you need.

Do not use "reply to" address(abandonned to spam); reply to group in
first instance.

Neil(in Warwickshire)