Mull

Old August 31st 03, 09:40 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Steve Watkin

Default Mull

I am going camping on the Isle of Mull during the second week in Sep 2003.
I plan on B & B in Oban on Sunday night and then cycling off to the ferry
with all my camping equipment on Mon morning. I will camp on the island for
the week just riding about and generally doing not much but hopefully seeing
a lot.
Any advice or recommendations?

Old September 3rd 03, 10:22 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Julie Meikle

"Steve Watkin" wrote in message
I am going camping on the Isle of Mull during the second week in Sep 2003.
I plan on B & B in Oban on Sunday night and then cycling off to the ferry
with all my camping equipment on Mon morning. I will camp on the island

for
the week just riding about and generally doing not much but hopefully

seeing
a lot.
Any advice or recommendations?

Mull is beautiful.

Plenty of wild camping available over most of the island......on the Ross
down at Bunessan the hotel used to offer showers cheaply. There is camping
at Erraid, but that is a long way down too.

The campsite at Ardmeanach by Cynthia's tearoom is good....bit midgy though.
You can't beat the site at Craignure for facilities...though they charge for
everything! There is a sort of site at Calgary, with very basic
facilities...just the public loo really.....looked horribly crowded when I
was on Mull a month ago. Also the head of Loch na Keal with basic facilities
but a stunning location.

A couple a campers pitched for the night at Burg ( near Torloisk) when I was
there on a nice grassy area by a river.....that looked nice. try the banks
of Loch Scridain too & watch out for otters.

Have fun & I hope you get good weather.

Julie