small camping sites dartmouth/totnes/paignton

Old September 5th 03, 02:25 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Steve Davis

Default small camping sites dartmouth/totnes/paignton

We been to Deer Park Inn last year and it was VERY busy, we were put into
the overflow field with a 5 minute walk to the toilet block. Swimming Pool
was very dirty. But we had tons of space in the field.

BUT the site was very handy for Blackpool Sand beach and Dartmouth (both 5
minutes by car)

This year we went to Slapton Caravan & Camping Club Site. Completely
different league. Very quiet, even during august bank holiday. Extremely
clean, staff very helpful and very strict on the 6m between tents rule. Very
close to slapton sand beach and about 25 minutes from dartmouth by car.

There are a few others nearby, Manor Farm in strete springs to mind.

"tom" wrote in message
news
hey all

can anybody recommend some small or quiet sites in the dartmouth / totnes
/ paignton area? we're travelling with a small tent only so we do require
some facilities, but nothing complex as we're cycling (so no big car
stuff)..

we're ideally trying to keep away from swimming pools and the like!

thanks in advance.. tom